SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Feline Clearout - AMPS & FX

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
edited October 2017 in Amps £ tFB Trader

All items are with me in Croydon Surrey and you can call me - number on Feline website

Wolftone W20 amp and 1x12 - £899

A custom British made amp with a Vox/ Gibson Goldtone vibe
20watt tube amp - runs on EL84 tubes
A nice alternative to a Lazy J

Designed to be lightweight and yet be effective as a small home/studio/club/small venue amp
Takes pedals very well
Tube reverb and tremolo circuits too
Speaker is open back 1x12 with Vintage 30 speaker

We were a stockist of these before they got discontinued.
This item is new/ex-demo and not gigged or abused
Was £1300 - now £899

Marshall / Cornell powered 1912 cab £180  £100 to clear

A classic Marshall 1912 cabinet , loaded with celestion sidewinder pickup
Modified by Dennis Cornell to feature abuilt in power amp section with a 100W solid state power amp 
Quite pokey - the transformer in the bottom of the cab is fairly substantial
This lets it act as a powered cab , that can be used with a preamp or POD
It can also take a line out from your amp and act as an additional powered speaker or as part of a wet/dry set-up if using a fx unit

I've been using it just as a 1x12 cab for a while but it can be switched back and forth (although curently you have to take the back cover off to switch the wires over (i'm sure you could rig up a switch to go between an active cab or a passive one)

Had it up at £180 - dropped to £100 to clear out

Egnater Mod 50 - SOLD

£1300 plus shipping

Vox Lil Nighttrain - £130 SOLD
modified by MJW amps to have line input so can act as power amp for POD or preamp

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    edited August 2015 tFB Trader

HTH 10w Supermarshall £899 (or offers)

This is a custom built amp made for me here in the UK by HTH amplification. 
    Because I only play at home and have been frustrated that 50w and 100w heads are totally impractical for use at home or in a small studio I started being into small class A amps. 

My big disappointment was that these amps really didn't get close to the sound of the big Marshalls, Soldanos or Mesa amps because they used a small bottle tube like an EL84 or maybe a 6v6 , and that the amount of gain was pretty small and range of controls was often just volume and tone. 

Once I had tried a Cornell Romany 10w combo which takes either a 6L6 or an EL34 and found that it did sound like a big amp - albeit a clean Fender blackface type amp I knew that we could get a lot closer to what I wanted (and I was't dreaming)

In discussing the amp I wanted with Ian at HTH I pretty much laid it on the line - I wanted to have a hot-rodded Marshall type amp that could handle classic rock and the 80s hair metal rock as well.

I wanted an amp that could do the classic rock stuff like Zeppelin, Free, Ac/DC, UFO, Whitesnake etc but also one that could get the sounds of certain 80s players, whose Marshalls had been modified by techs such as Tim Caswell,, Lee Jackson or Jose Arredondo .

In particular I was keen on the sound of the MArshall amp that Tim Caswell modified for S.I.R. Studios - the famous 39 amp that Slash used n Appetite and George Lynch was obsessed with and toured on the Under Lock and Key tour.

With my taste in players being George Lynch, Slash, Michael Schenker, Matthias Jabs (Scorpions) as well as old schol players like Page, Kossoff etc - I had high hopes for the amp.

We ended up making it so it was like a hot plexi - with an extra valve stage that could be cascaded in front of that sound and both gain stages controlled from separtae gain controls
    We added a couple of other features. 
    One is a Lee Jackson style mid range boost control that has 6 positions on a switch - adding a more and more pronounced hump in the mids.
    The other feature which is much more subtle but great to have if you are an amp tweaker is a variable slope control - which replaces the slope resistor in the tone stack. In simple terms turned one way the amp sounds more like a Marshall in response and the tone controls have a slightly reduced effect when used and turned the other way the amp has more of a Fender like vbe and the tone controls have a more dramatic effect. 
    It's very versatile - a footswitch switches between the plexi mode and the hot-rodded mode which makes it really practical as well.

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    By the description of that HTH it's not going to hang around here long! ;-)

You forgot a price tho'.

How much??
  • That Wolftone is one HANDSOME amp! If it sounds half as good as it looks, it'll be a bargain.  GLWTS :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    That HTH looks the nuts. 

Needs a price tho!
    tFB Trader
    Sorry - overlooked that 
    we added a loop master volume control to get better control of the volume , as the main master volume which is apparently a Jose design was still too loud for bedroom use before it sounded great, so the extra control meant I could reign it in a bit.

Dammit I just have too much gear

Marshall 5205 Reverb 12 combo amplifier. £85 (sold)

Made in England. late 1980's. 
    Quite a rare and sought after model. 
    Perfect for recording and practice. 
    Real spring reverb. 
    Has that signature Marshall tone. 
    All in excellent condition apart from a missing handle cap/cover.
    Gain pot was replaced as was a bit scratchy (we couldn't get a 22k pot so we used a 25k one, but easy to change back if you can get a 22k pot) and socket added on rear for speaker output so it could easily be attached to another speaker cab. Sounds huge through a 4x12 cab.

Samick 10w practise amp £25 - SOLD

Samick Practice amp - 10 watts
    All works fine - pots a little crackly
    A bit tatty but cheap £25

tFB Trader
    Marshall 12W now sold - others still available

tFB Trader
    That HTH looks the nuts. 

I did have a video where I rabbited on and on about it.....the playing video didn't sound so good as the camera mic let it down and the amp needed a bit more break in time.

tFB Trader
    Bump time - need to make some space.

• How powerful is the amp on the 1x12?
    tFB Trader
    I need to check - I've alays thought it was 100W , but I mght peak to Dennis Cornell to see if he remembers.

tFB Trader
    Bump!

tFB Trader
    New Year Bump!

tFB Trader
    rack and roll thread bump!

• Joe_EasyJoe_Easy Frets: 19
    Hi there, not related to this particular sale, but I'm just wondering if you have any Randall MTS modules you'd be will to part with?  I've got my RM50 advertised at the moment, but it's a reluctant sale and I'm thinking if I could get my hands on a couple more modules, I might hang onto it.  The beauty about this amp, is that you have volume on each module and an overall master volume, which means despite it being a hunky amp, bedroom volumes with good tone are actually very achievable, so perhaps a smaller amp isn't actually necessary...
    tFB Trader
    Joe I may have a couple or I can point you in the direction of a few good ones.
    There is a good facebook group that I am a meber of that serves as a GAS platfiorm for it

and the MTS forum has a good classified section (you may have to buy from Europe but's no big deal)

• Joe_EasyJoe_Easy Frets: 19
    Hey, thanks for the reply...I've requested to join the FB group, so I'll see how that goes.  I'd really like to get the full compliment of 'Fender' modules, and maybe the SL+ or JTM.  I currently only have the Blackface and Plexi modules.
    tFB Trader
    I love the SL+
    I have an Egnater JTM which i modded a bit to get more of an AC/DC style vibe from 
    I have done a few upgrades to a few of my own modules - replacing some of the Xicon capacitors with ones that may have been more similar to those found in the amps they imitate  - so some mallory 150s or SoZo versions of the mustard cap or the blue molded caps found in Fenders too...or just orange drops. 
    Not actually needed but been pleased with the results

tFB Trader
    BUMPITY - EXTRA PICS ADDED  AND REMOVED SOME OF THE BROKEN PHOTO LINKS