Remix released

Been years since I posted any recordings in the forum (MR as was, RIP).

Here's a link to a remix of Eltronn's debut single, released on a 6 track EP, on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon etc.

my remix is here :

and for comparison, the original radio mix is here:

all opinions and feedback welcome!

thanks for listening

J
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That was really excellent, I liked it more than the older radio mix below. You should be proud of this. Like Tick Tock Man too.
    Out of interest are there other musicians on this track or is it all you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    thanks for listening, and bothering to comment!

No, it's all me for good and bad! On SON, I've kept the original vocals, a bass kick and one arp. I also used some of the original's old radio samples, in the intro section. Other than that, the rest is new, including backing vocals too.

The Tick Tock Man is a cover of a 1983 Gary Numan album track, that was part of a 30 year fan tribute album. THe original is all full of gash slap bass and that. That's all me, but like I said, a cover all the same. The production is a bit iffy IMO, but it was a bit rushed.
  • Not at all, glad to have come across this. All the more impressive that you did the lot.

I don't record, though I keep thinking I'd like to. Did you record these in a pro studio or on a home digital set up? (I appreciate a home studio can be very sophisticated & takes some putting together)

I hope the EP did well for you.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    I do all my recording in the tip that is my home office. TBH mate, I am a huge amateur, just doing it for fun. I use a PC running Sonar X3 Producer (which I only scratch the surface of, ability wise). Interface wise I have a couple - Line 6 UX1, Pod HD (brilliant), and a Samson G Trak mic/interface. Synths, I use mostly the iPad, into the PC, using a 49 key controller keyboard. I record everything live, into audio, don't use midi at all. that's a throwback to my first days of recording on a tascam, I just can't get out of the habit of "playing" everything, rather than programmin it. I know I will love using Midi though, and it's something I will get into, when I've got the time. Even the drums are "live" of a sort, in that I usually program a loop and then improvise fills using a controller pad etc.

Seems to work!

cheers