Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    Hi all, 

I've been off and on the forum for a few months, so it's probably about time to introduce myself "formally"...

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Merlin is my given name. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

I'm in Brighton, East Sussex but was born in Cardiff.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To carry on making Music, composing new material, performing internationally. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Can't limit to one as I play clarinet for a living and guitar partially for a living but I reckon it has to be my Trussart Steeldeville pinstripe. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Again, soooo many to choose from. Possibly 4th movement from Mahler's 9th, recorded by The Bavarian Symphony Orchestra conducted by Raphael Kubelik. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kevkev Frets: 1
    Q1: Where did you username come from?

Its my name :)

Q2: Where in the world/country are you?

I'm in devon near kingsbridge, originally from brighton

Q3: What's your main musical ambition?

To learn to play the guitar

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Hard.... probably my b.c rich virgin, signed by the big man himself, lemmy.

Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Another hard one... at the moment its 'bring it on ' by gaslight anthem

Hello to you all :)
    Kev
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JobenJoben Frets: 2
    edited July 2016

Hi all - hope you're doing well.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Combination of my kids names.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? West London.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Fun at home and maybe one day jam with some like minded people.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My American Special Strat (Sonic Blue).

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? (Impossible task but based on today's mood ...) Story of the Blues, Gary Moore.

Smashing blouse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danowensdanowens Frets: 27
    Hello!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Its my name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Bolton, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To have fun

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I guess my double bass

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Minor Swing, Hot Club de France

• ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 161
    Hi everyone.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My Tom Cat's name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Gateshead

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To keep on keeping on

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Currently, my Jesselli guitar

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" Jimi Hendrix Experience

• LiamLiam Frets: 0
    Hi everyone.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Cumbria/South lakes

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to play...proper!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Old Washburn D94LTD Acoustic....seriously.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Tough call but for right now....Santana/Rob Thomas - Smooth.

• MrStoobMrStoob Frets: 1

Greetings.  I used to frequent ye olde Radar forums, I think I may have been 'Noobshire' over there.  Anyhoo...

It's a variation on a very old nickname due to 'Stoob' already being taken on another site but I liked 'MrStoob' and it's become a known handle in other circles.

Liverpool, England, Currently the EU.

Write nice things, play nice things.

Ibanez RG320FM  (twiddly diddly neeoowng)

Impossibru!

• TimberGTimberG Frets: 50
    Q1: Where did you username come from? My name is Tim and last name Berrel and I have a very very very small build shop called Timber Guitars Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Live in Northampton Q3: What's your main musical ambition? I don't really have one however would love to supply a custom guitar made by myself to a legend Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Have so many but marshal 100w accoustic amp really versatile amp Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Wow how hard gimme shelter by stones Hope to post some stuff on here if I can be of help with any advice or tips or general banter drop me a line Tim
  • wattingwatting Frets: 2

It's an old nickname I picked up in my first job.

Nottingham, UK.

From a personal point of view to continue improving. From a band point of view to keep the same lineup long enough to play some gigs.

I love my PRS SE Santana my wife bought me for out anniversary last year.

For guitar? Little Wing (Hendrix version).

• Just_chillinJust_chillin Frets: 10
    edited June 2016
    Hell folks, another newbie here.

Q.1. Just made it up

Q.2. Leicestershire

Q.3. Busy with my acoustic guitar grades. Currently working on Grade 3 and my goal is to achieve Grade 8. 

Q.4. I only have the one guitar - Tanglewood TW1000 - which I enjoy playing

Q.5. Too many to mention however, if I have to choose only one then it has to be; 'Here I go again' (Whitesnake)

• grooviegroovie Frets: 15
    Hello,

1. I just liked it, use it for lots of forum type things.
    2. Republic of Ireland, south west.
    3. To play what I think, or think what I play.
    4. I just got a Chris Larkin s-type that he made in 1999, I love it.
    5. Very difficult to pick one, but Take It Off The Top by Dixie Dregs is right up there. 
  • 8luesman8luesman Frets: 11
    Hello peeps.  I've floated around this forum for a while and decided it's time to sign up.
    1. Can't remember why I started using it but must have been something to do with being influenced by Gary Moore.
    2. From East London but joined the natural progression out to Essex.
    3. To have my music on a movie soundtrack.
    4. Either an Epiphone acoustic my Mum bought me 20 years ago even though she couldn't afford it, or my recent Les Paul 1958 reissue.
    5. Tough to choose just one as many have already said, but probably Still Got The Blues - Gary Moore.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaffeinedCaffeined Frets: 24

I abuse caffeine. So cafffeine + feind = Caffeined.

West Oxfordshire

Learn theory and write an album some day.

Jackson Performer.

Changes a lot, but at the moment it is Opeth - Drapery Falls

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EskiEski Frets: 35
    Hi all, I just met @Wazmeister while on holiday, he told me this site is the nuts and I should join up so here I am.  Been play a while now but I came to the guitar relatively late so I'm still looking to improve technique and learn from the rest of you guys where I can.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - Old nickname from school, kind of a surname abbreviation/bastardisation.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Cambridge side of Bedfordshire.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - Maybe learn a bit more theory and be able to solo a little better, currently mainly stay around pentatonic type riffs.  Having said that I like what I do - strictly rhythm as they say.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Technically not the best piece of kit I have but the guitar I use the most for gigging is my American Special Telecaster.  Great straight out of the box.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Tough call, there are too many; I could literally sit here for hours and not choose one so I'll go with the one that I like playing the most at the moment (even that's a tough call!!) - "Don't Look Back into the Sun" - The Libertines. That'll probably change tomorrow!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    Eski;1121379" said:
    Hi all, I just met @Wazmeister while on holiday, he told me this site is the nuts and I should join up so here I am.  Been play a while now but I came to the guitar relatively late so I'm still looking to improve technique and learn from the rest of you guys where I can.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - Old nickname from school, kind of a surname abbreviation/bastardisation.Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Cambridge side of Bedfordshire.Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - Maybe learn a bit more theory and be able to solo a little better, currently mainly stay around pentatonic type riffs.  Having said that I like what I do - strictly rhythm as they say.Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Technically not the best piece of kit I have but the guitar I use the most for gigging is my American Special Telecaster.  Great straight out of the box.Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Tough call, there are too many; I could literally sit here for hours and not choose one so I'll go with the one that I like playing the most at the moment (even that's a tough call!!) - "Don't Look Back into the Sun" - The Libertines. That'll probably change tomorrow!
    Rich,

Ha ! Welcome to our lovely forum !

I'm writing this sitting upstairs in 'our' bar mate !!! Missing you both already....

It's a glorious place to be (this forum AND the bar) and you'll get all the help, inspiration and GAS you'll ever need here !

Keep safe, trawl these pages, and see you soon mate :)
  • EskiEski Frets: 35
    Cheers - enjoy the cocktails mate.
  • TinmanTinman Frets: 1
    Hi,
    Username? = A nickname given to me by a special friend a long time ago.
    Where? = Born and raised in Croydon. Moved around a fair bit and currently living in Snodland, near Maidstone.
    Ambition? = Currently playing in a 3 piece blues/rock band and looking forward to adding to our list of upcoming gigs.
    Best bit of gear? = Probably my Aria Les Paul copy. I have 9 guitars, 7 electric and 2 acoustic but I think the Aria sounds best through my Fender Frontman 212R. That said, I'm looking to change to a Marshall Valvestate which I'm hoping will work better with more of my guitars.
    #1 track? = I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, so probably 'Sorrow'.
  • Hey!

I just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself:

Q1: How u doing guys! My name is Perer and Im from Southampton.

Q2: Im oryginaly from Poland but in UK since 2008.

Q3: I wanna build my own little studio and produce some quality and afordable music for local people.

Q4: I think thants my les paul tradish 2013.

Q5: Bohemian Rhapsody.

U can hear my playing/production here:

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-348858677/kamila-lankiewicz-ayo-down-on-my-knees-cover

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-690164684/enjoy-the-silence-depeche-mode-cover-1

https://m.soundcloud.com/sam-wray-178325201/angels-fear-to-thread
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 451
    Q1: Where did you username come from? School? Football? Somewhere like that - too long ago to remember! Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Epsom, Surrey Q3: What's your main musical ambition? Play gigs again - been out of it for 4 or so years and missing it. Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Collings 290 DCS (serial no 1!!!), all original blackface vibrolux reverb and bad cat black cat 30 - might change on imminent NGD Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Summer Breeze, Isley brothers and pretty much anything by Rory Gallagher
  • Emerald1969Emerald1969 Frets: 1
    edited July 2016
    Q1: Where did you username come from? Born on the Emerald Isle in 1969 Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Durham City these days Q3: What's your main musical ambition? To continue living, loving, performing and recording music for as long as I am able to do it to a standard I am happy with. Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? 1963 Stratocaster ❤️ Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Difficult to call but I'll go with Josie by Steely Dan....it's my daughters name