Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Matchoo93Matchoo93 Frets: 87
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? Just my nickname, and year of birth. Simple really.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Oldbury, West Midlands

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
      I used to dream about being famous through music, but I doubt it will ever happen!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
     My Mayones Duvell Elite 6 in Trans Dirty Purple

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Seasons Wither - Machine Head
    Proud user of Aristides and Mayones guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Probably, I mean definetly from when I use to smoke weed from a pipe exclusively way back and when another nickname collided and formed my most long standing internet handle.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

At this point I am in Southampton, but a lot of time in London.

Fairly impractically but to release an EP on cassette this year and own an 8 x 10 cab at some point.

To me my best bit of gear is my old  arch top from the early 60's (I think), I found in a charity shop for £50 . It has a huge neck and chubby sound which is very inspiring. Would save over everything else ever.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

At the moment it is,  King Missle - Jesus was Way Cool

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beefyburtbeefyburt Frets: 1

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Right from the 80's! A link to Ian Botham, known as 'beefy' Botham, and Burt Reynolds, cos I looked like I wore a wig like him!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Bradford, Yorkshire, the greatest County.

To be able to play some songs in front of a crowd, without forgetting the words or music and not being crap.

Gibson Les Paul 2010 R7 Goldtop, fitted with Monty's Guitars PAF's. Sold 6 guitars to buy it and it makes me smile every time I pick it up. Or just look at it.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

No Class, by Motorhead. Bought the single in 1979, still got it, still love it.

Gibson Les Paul 2010 R7 Goldtop

Gibson SG 2004 Standard Ebony

Blackstar ID260TVP

Blackstar ID Core 20

• venom7venom7 Frets: 0
    Hi I'm ste my username is venom kinda supernatural I'm from uk West Midlands a little town called  sedgley. I want to form a band and make rock history I crossed over to the other side and I have no heartbeat my favourite music is iron maiden all of it. But I like dance of death if there has to be a favourite I'm also into yngwie malmsteen my best kit is my ibanez guitar even though it's a started guitar for beginners I can't afford anything better I would one day love a nice fender but we can keep dreaming for now 
  • Hi, I'm Mike,  a 49 year old from West Sussex, England.

Username came from my favourite guitarist, John Frusciante

Would like to join an RHCP covers band. Always trying to improve

Has to be my 1991 Squier strat, a blackie

So many tracks, how do I choose just one?  Ok then ,  up there amongst others has to be Red House by Hendrix

• ronbronb Frets: 1

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  Derived from something my parents gave me

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I live in Ontario, Canada

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  Continuing to improve and discover,  I've been playing now for 51 years

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? 1962 Gibson Dove with an original factory installed pickup

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? If I am truly honest with myself, probably Mississippi Queen by Mountain

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's the name of my guitar / art shop

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Manchester UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play and sing in an indie band

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? PRS SE Custom 24

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? No one knows - Queens of the stone age

• Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    Q1: A character from the old Street fighter video game.
    Q2: Nottingham/UK.
    Q3: Keep playing.
    Q4: Fender CP60S Acoustic Parlour Guitar in            Sunburst.
    Q5: "Over the hills and far away" Gary Moorei

• Morning all! 

Just recently started playing guitar again, after losing a bit of interest and selling my gear when I was short of funds back in my early 20s. Stumbled upon this place and it seems like a bit of a treasure trove of tips and advice for a relative neophyte like me!

Q1: Where did username come from? It's what my wife says when she hears me practising!

Q2: Where in the world are you? Sunderland, UK

Q3: What's your main musical ambition? To not give up/lose interest again, like I did about 15 years ago!

Q4: Best bit of guitar gear? Tyler Variax JT-59 (easy choice, as it's the only guitar I own)

Q5: Your #1 ever track? maybe Voodoo Child (non-Slight Return!) at the minute. Ask me again next week and it'll probably change!
  • g12mg12m Frets: 1
    Hi all, my real name is Mike.

Q1: g12m is just one of celestions best and I have just picked up a reissue 20 watt, (wishing to own a pulsonic coned one some day)

Q2: I am in Suffolk.

Q3: My musical ambition is to jam/play again with buddies, maybe gig pubs.

Q4: custom built Telegib.

Q5: Mr big by Free
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's the medical name for a fast heartbeat

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Brighton

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play bloody horrible punk noise at people whilst secretly getting good at the guitar

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? ProCo Rat haha

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Love Will Tear Us Apart

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1710
    Hi all,

Q1:  Where did you username come from? From my actual name - the UK bit is because I mainly hang out on the US based Hamer Fan Club Forum.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Wiltshire

Somehow progress to learn to be better than I was when I was 20 and had a bit of time to practice - I'd like to get some shredding chops together.

I'm lucky enough to own a USA Custom Shop BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme, which I've had for years, and is just a guitar fit for a king (plus quite a few cool 80's and 90's USA Hamers)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Today I choose Panama :)
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • Hey! Jim here - long time lurker, first time signerupper.

1) Where did your username come from? Well I joined a band by the name Run in Red last week, so it seems fitting...

2) Where in the world are you? Dublin. Where all the delicious drinks come from. Originally from Derry, up at the top of Ireland.

3) What is your main musical ambition? After being a bass player and sideman for several years, now forming a group to play my own songs. Not aiming for world domination - but some good gigs on the local scene would be nice :D

4) What's your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I don't go in for flash gear - but a friend built me a bitsa Strat with a JB in the bridge that I may well be buried with.

5) Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? This changes every five minutes. Today's is Brainy by The National.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409

5) Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? This changes every five minutes. Today's is Brainy by The National.

Yay! Someone with taste

Welcome @RunInRedJim ;
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Moss said:

Yay! Someone with taste

Welcome @RunInRedJim ;
    Only the best :D Cheers, Moss
  • I'm a long time lurker both here and on the old MusicRadar forum

1) Where did your username come from? It's one of several squid-themed aliases I have used since the early days of the web. This 'random' choice may have been influenced by my repeated listening to Trout Mask Replica.

2) Where in the world are you? London.

3) What is your main musical ambition? To write and record more (and better) music. To find other local musicians for informal jams (this doesn't mean endless blues pentatonics!).

4) What's your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Echolution 2 Deluxe pedal

5) Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? The best ever track doesn't actually have any guitar on it - Thunder Road (from the Live 1975-85 box set) by Bruce Springsteen.
  • Hi all,

1. My username is questioning my adolescent self for the first guitar I picked- the much maligned Marlin Sidewinder. Candy Apple Red, HSS, Locking trem system. What's not to like? Sadly, a lot!

2. I'm in Fife, Scotland.

3. My main musical ambition is to keep at it and not have long periods of disinterest. Maybe jam with some like minded buddies.

4. My favourite bit of gear is currently the TC Electronic Mojo Mojo. Was thinking of getting rid of but finally managed to dial in a great cleanish sound a few weeks ago.

5. Your #1 ever track.  It changes all the time but today it's Drive Home by Steven Wilson - love Guthrie Govan's solo.
  • bjlbjl Frets: 1
    1) Where did your username come from? Where would life be without a bit of mystery?

2) Where in the world are you? Oxford. 

3) What is your main musical ambition? To be able to play along competently at sessions.

4) What's your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Don't have much in the way of gear at the moment, so it'd have to be the Goya classical guitar I've been learning on.

5) Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? That's a bit difficult! I'll go for Nick Drake - Time Has Told Me.
  • tj1866tj1866 Frets: 1

Q1:  Where did you username come from? its my first 2 letters to my email T is my passion Traveling J my Grandand inital Jack 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? shropshire 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? to be able to play a tune 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? yet to know 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Wayfaring Stranger 

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Q1: comes from the name of a road in Sheffield where my son had a house
    Q2: Gloucestershire
    Q3: to play proficient guitar in a covers band 
    Q4: PRS Custom 24 
    Q5: has to be 2112 by Rush
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom