Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Worst Musicians Of All Time

What's Hot
following the other thread.

Here's 3 of mine:

Neil Young - whiny voice, can't play an electric guitar
The Fugees - not even musicians
Yoko Ono - likewise

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Where are facepalms when you need them....?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    following the other thread.

Here's 3 of mine:

The Fugees - not even musicians
    Yoko Ono - likewise

I think your comments on The Fugees are somewhat unfounded. 
    You may not like their music but Wyclef Jean writes, produces, sings and play the guitar and keyboards on his albums. He is an extremely accomplished musician. 
    Lauren Hill is also a technically excellent singer and wrote the bulk of the music on "The Miseducation of Lauren Hill" which is widely considered one of the greatest modern soul albums.

Seriously listen to this track and tell me she isn't a musician.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Yeah, The Facepalms, they were a terrible band.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @monquixote so who are your worst 3? tbh, I didn't want to get into discussions intended to justify nominations, but I based the Fugees nomination on their absolutely dreadful treatment of Killing me softly. They should all have been shot for perpetrating that.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    tFB Trader
    It depends what you mean. 

Do you mean the three worst musicians who have achieved significant fame?

If not then I'm going for these guys:

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    Dido
    Coldplay
    The Vamps
    One direction
  • Seriously listen to this track and tell me she isn't a musician.

Well, the production is dreadful, especially the drums. Those make me think the whole thing isn't that musical. The bloke with the guitar doesn't do too badly. The music behind the "interview bit" at the end struck me as a band enjoying itself.

Can't say I rate it much. But I'm also sure there's stuff I might rate and you can't see why I should, which is why I didn't want to get into  trying to justify or say "you can't be serious" about a nomination. The thread was just a chance to vent ...
  • It depends what you mean. 

Do you mean the three worst musicians who have achieved significant fame?

If not then I'm going for these guys:

Yes that would also get my vote :)
    tFB Trader
    Well, the production is dreadful, especially the drums. Those make me think the whole thing isn't that musical. The bloke with the guitar doesn't do too badly. The music behind the "interview bit" at the end struck me as a band enjoying itself.

Can't say I rate it much. But I'm also sure there's stuff I might rate and you can't see why I should, which is why I didn't want to get into  trying to justify or say "you can't be serious" about a nomination. The thread was just a chance to vent ...
    The bloke on guitar is Carlos Santana. 

I can see how it might not be to your taste, but I think the quality of her voice is undeniable and it's a very heartfelt and powerful piece of writing. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Deadman said:
    Dido
    Coldplay
    The Vamps
    One direction
    One Direction are not (a band of) musicians hence are eliminated at the first fence.

TBH I don't see the sense in this kind of negative discussion.  I am reminded of a comment made by the late Mick Doyle [rugby] when he said that while he might not have been a great rugby player, someone thought he was good enough to play for Ireland.  And as for musicians, someone thought that the take/performance was good enough to release on tape/disk etc.  And anyway, any such list has to include me or it is incomplete..... 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Sold millions of records, toured the world, makes loads of cash and been with hundreds of beautiful women .. I bet he's just read your comment and is sitting at home in Canada wondering where it all went wrong ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Rocker I don't see it as being much different to the worst guitar/amplifier you've had to use or the worst record covers, so long as nobody takes offence because one of their favourites happens to be on someone else's worst list. We've even had a worst food list recently.
  • Fretwired said:

Sold millions of records, toured the world, makes loads of cash and been with hundreds of beautiful women .. I bet he's just read your comment and is sitting at home in Canada wondering where it all went wrong ... :-)
    The opinion is subjective and personal. Nobody else has to agree with it. Your "worst" may include one of my favourites. That's OK we're all different
    These guys need a need guitar player ....

• Fretwired said:

Sold millions of records, toured the world, makes loads of cash and been with hundreds of beautiful women
    But he's never been with Phil and by the sounds of it never will......so there!!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would say Helen Keller, Stephen Hawking and late period Christopher Reeves.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

The opinion is subjective and personal. Nobody else has to agree with it. Your "worst" may include one of my favourites. That's OK we're all different
    Irony is wasted ...

• Anybody who's championed by NME and has a daft name, like We Are Scientists, I Am Kloot, The Pidgeon Detectives and Yourcodenameismilo...

Etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Anybody who's championed by NME 
    would have been sufficient
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Anybody who's championed by NME and has a daft name, like... The Pidgeon Detectives
    No d in pigeon. 

Which sounds like another band with a daft name.  But isn't.  (As far as I know.)

"As Far as Eye No" is, however, an indie band from Portland, Oregon.