Bryce Dessners' firebird.

What's Hot

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9980
    tFB Trader
    Nah reversed or nowt for me ... non reversed looks like a poor attempt to copy a Jazzmaster to me.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Nah reversed or nowt for me ... non reversed looks like a poor attempt to copy a Jazzmaster to me.
    Wisdom awarded for that one Ash
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a non-reverse. Sold it. What a dick I am.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I really like The National from what I've heard. The burst really suits that.

But.

I can only reiterate The Wisdom of The Weasel (TWOTW), that reversed FB's look amazing. Non-reversed look like a plastic spatula left on a pan too long. I will always remember as being young JDE and seeing Noel Gallagher's FB (brown!) and thinking "that looks like a Beano-style shit splat."
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7670
    I had a Custom Shop Non-Reverse Firebird once upon a time - it came with SD Antiquity humbuckers which I hated and I swapped them for Bare Knuckles, no idea why I sold it :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Non-reverse with a big old piece of 1920s farming equipment behind the bridge... no thanks.

I like the colour.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    edited September 2014
    Non-reverse FBs do look a bit weird but I reckon ergonomically they're be great for me. Never played a firebird reverse or otherwise though, so I have no idea :)

I've never knowingly heard a National record either. Am going to go find one to listen to. Any suggestions of where to start?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    Funny innit - I've always wanted the non-reversed one, as the reverse one reminded me of bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd too much. A bit too 'rawk'...

Nice looking guitar, but then I like Offsets!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddle;355964" said:
    Non-reverse FBs do look a bit weird but I reckon ergonomically they're be great for me. Never played a firebird reverse or otherwise though, so I have no idea :)

I've never knowingly heard a National record either. Am going to go find one to listen to. Any suggestions of where to start?
    I've recently got into them after seeing them play with Neil Young in Hyde Park. I just went onto Spotify and listened from there.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    I've always like the quirkiness of the non-reverse Firebird, and it's a lot easier to play!
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader

I like those, I have a JM and a reverse Tokia Firebird, don't see that one as JM copy. Apart from which are Jems & RGs and whatnot any the worse for being Strat take-offs, Gretsch Jet vs LP etc.

Clarence looks pretty fuckin' cool with one-

http://www.mediaspin.com/images/gatemouth_brown09.jpg

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited September 2014
    impmann said: Funny innit - I've always wanted the non-reversed one, as the reverse one reminded me of bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd too much. A bit too 'rawk'...

Nice looking guitar, but then I like Offsets!

Must admit- I always wanted one like Phil Manzanera's. I eventually got the Epiphone version and decided I just wasn't
    Rrrrawk! enough for it either.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Strangely enough I read that Fender complained about the reverse bodies breaching their patents so the non reverse was designed which looks more like a fender! 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    Yes Manzanera is a good reason to own a 'bird... but he did play most of the early Roxy stuff on the white strat IIRC.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• @stickyfiddle start with alligator. Or boxer. Mr November is a stand out track for me.