Wanna hear my band's music?

Well, we recorded a 5 track demo/EP thing the other month.

There's a million an one things I'd change, but I thought you might like to have a ear gander.

We're a 5 Pc, and I'm one of two guitarists. I think we had visions of becoming a blend of REM and the Jesus and Mary Chain, but whether we've achieved that, or are on the right path is hard to say.

https://soundcloud.com/lowriseband/kill-to-love

https://soundcloud.com/lowriseband/youll-never-know

https://soundcloud.com/lowriseband

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I like it, though ive no clue about either of the groups you reference haha not my usual kind of thing but you all sound tight and together and confident in what you're doing which brings a lot to it, in my view. Good work chaps!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Reminded me a bit of Bloc Party too, and I can hear what you mean about the influences. Agree with the comment above about it sounding confident in the direction you're taking - reminded me a bit of the old-school indie bands before indie became a mainstream genre.
  • @thecolourbox @horse

Thanks for listening guys, and the feedback. Think we're going to move a little bit more towards the bloc party/slightly dancey repetitive riffs sort of style.

Our first 5 tracks are a bit of a hodge podge, but our singer has a great, really distinctive voice, so I think that'll give us the cohesion we need until a final direction is arrived at.

Enjoying it very much, but we haven't gigged the band yet, so we're hoping to get out and about in Manchester within the month.

Apparently we're getting played on Pure FM this Friday at 7pm. I don't listen to radio, so don't really know what Pure FM is like, but I guess that's pretty sweet none the less.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited September 2014
    Liked that a lot Gusman - I'm with 2 covers bands and a little envious of not having that creativity aspect at the moment.  I'm in London so too far away to come see you live - but post a vid if you can. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Voxman said:
    Liked that a lot Gusman - I'm with 2 covers bands and a little envious of not having that creativity aspect at the moment.  I'm in London so too far away to come see you live - but post a vid if you can. 
    Will do thanks man. Yeah it's ace to write music, and develop songs in a band. That feeling when something clicks and everyone looks at each other. You should just go for it, and come to terms with the unpaid aspect :)