The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited May 2016

I read Wolff saying lack of performance was down to a car problem. I guess that's it, because I cannot believe Nico couldn't be THAT bad in a Merc, wet conditions or not.

"It was like he had a damaged car; this is why we made the call," explained Wolff.

"We debated [making the call] for quite a long time, because it's not what we've done in the past. But it was clear that there was a problem on the car.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited May 2016

I read Wolff saying lack of performance was down to a car problem. I guess that's it, because I cannot believe Nico couldn't be THAT bad in a Merc, wet conditions or not.

"It was like he had a damaged car; this is why we made the call," explained Wolff.

"We debated [making the call] for quite a long time, because it's not what we've done in the past. But it was clear that there was a problem on the car.

I didn't read it that way at all - English isn't his first language. I read it as a coded criticism of Rosberg who couldn't get any heat into his tyres and brakes as he was too scared to push (Rosberg pretty much admitted this was the case). There was nothing wrong with his car. The fact he couldn't get past Alsono speaks volumes. The rest of the season could be interesting if Red Bull can grab pole. Rosberg will actually have overtake to win.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Rosberg has never shone in the wet and has rarely matched his team mate when it rains, with the exception of Nakajima who couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dead donkey's arse.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Yeah, but could he be THAT bad? I just can't believe it. Still, it was good for the championship.

Looks like Button's out of a drive next year, unless he replaces someone at Williams. I hope that Transit Van Door is as good as Ron says he is, because if not Fred's going to wipe the floor with him.

Massa's out of Williams for 2017 - they admitted as much. There was a rumour they wanted Button to help develop the car.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/16/raikkonen-to-stay-at-ferrari-and-button-to-williams-in-2017/

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Fretwired said:
    Massa's out of Williams for 2017 - they admitted as much. There was a rumour they wanted Button to help develop the car.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/16/raikkonen-to-stay-at-ferrari-and-button-to-williams-in-2017/
    And Crashtor looking to make a return to the sport - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124551/maldonado-talking-to-teams-about-2017-return
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    The amount of time Hamilton lost being stuck behind Rosberg I believe was greater than the Ricciardo fiasco, if Toto had made the call earlier it would have been a non-issue
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    PC_Dave;1092000" said:
    Fretwired said:

And Crashtor looking to make a return to the sport - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124551/maldonado-talking-to-teams-about-2017-return
    He's nowhere near good enough for that to happen without bringing $20m of money he doesn't have
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    sweepy said:
    The amount of time Hamilton lost being stuck behind Rosberg I believe was greater than the Ricciardo fiasco, if Toto had made the call earlier it would have been a non-issue
    Apparently he told Rosberg to go faster .. Rosberg said he had no confidence in the car or the level of grip so he was told to let Hamilton through. Made for an interesting race ...

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Brundle et al on Sky were saying during the race that Rosberg had a brake problem which is why he let Hamilton through
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    edited May 2016
    siremoon said:
    Brundle et al on Sky were saying during the race that Rosberg had a brake problem which is why he let Hamilton through
    It was of his own making .. he couldn't get heat into the tyres and brakes. Rosberg had no confidence in the car. There was nothing mechanically wrong with the car.

sweepy said:
    Good point, well made.

Baku circuit lap. Haven't watched it yet as I'm on a conference call. Is it any good?

Looks pretty good to me. Plenty of straights for overtaking potential, and certainly a lot more 'interesting'  looking than some of the featureless sand-pits.

stickyfiddle;1099262" said:
    Baku circuit lap. Haven't watched it yet as I'm on a conference call. Is it any good?

I hope you're driving while on that conf call :))
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27991
    Has anyone already made a joke about this thread just going 'round and 'round, and capped that off with a punchline about overtaking?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    PC_Dave said:
    stickyfiddle;1099262" said:

I hope you're driving while on that conf call :))
    :D

No, but I just had lunch in Ramadan, which does make me feel a bit naughty.
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    WOW! That track looks really good & some fine architecture to boot.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Baku looks bloody, bloody fast. Might see the highest speed of any F1 car of any era on that 1.6m final run.
    That does look good!! There are so many straight bits the drivers will get bored!!!