Hippy - Glasgow

What's Hot
Hippy - aka 2 old gits attempting to make some Grandad/ Dadrock and doing their best at avoiding most of what real life throws up.

We've a single out on Thursday (26/10/23) - 'Justice and the Thief'. Out at all the usual digital vampires (Spotify etc). I played geetars, bass, acoustic and electric on it.

Same for the rest of the stuff (if I'm on the track). There's some singles plus a couple of albums. I do the artwork for the releases and most of the non-gig photography as well.

No delusions of grandeur, we are just enjoying the ride a bit and it's definitely not our first rodeo. Project has been largely good fun with some decent gigs, venues and national radio play.

Bit of a crap year for the band in general so this will be a good way of ending '23 we hope on a higher note. Albeit not too high. If you do tune into the page  music and/ or Podcasts you might understand why.

Usual Insta nonsense etc available here too in the form of Podcasts and pieces to the camera - if enough people watch it we'll invest in subtitles.....

www.instagram.com/hippy.music

https://spotify.link/zQ9EGnUD6Db

Go easy, play it loud and by all means say hello.

Thanks for reading,
H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds proper, great voice.
    did you finder yourself an AC50?
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Thank you kindly :)

Not quite - bought another TnB! It's a little bit more 'working' than the ones I have....but might still make an exception for an AC of some sort too.

Cheers 
    H

www.proudhoney.com

• This is great stuff @shugz, right up my street. I'm hearing The Verve, The Who, Oasis, The War on Drugs, The Stones etc. Sledgehammer is better than the original version IMHO. If you guys are gigging soon in Scotland, I'd like to know about it.
  • shugz said:
    Thank you kindly :)

Not quite - bought another TnB! It's a little bit more 'working' than the ones I have....but might still make an exception for an AC of some sort too.

Cheers 
    H
    My 100w TnB sounds very close to my AC50, and if using pedals hardly anything in it.
    The AC50 is a neater package though.
       If I get time when I’m next at the rehearsal room I’ll do a quick comparison.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    Once dimed an old 200w old Selmer PA head. It lasted 43 seconds before it went on fire. But it sounded glorious. Useless trivia but a life moment with a friend sadly no longer with us.

The AC in top format looks great - I've a nice cab I fancy putting a vox on and just running something a bit different. I don't own any Gibsons or Marshalls any more and quite like the change.

Be interested in your comparison tests as and when. Thanks kindly:)

H

www.proudhoney.com

This is great stuff @shugz, right up my street. I'm hearing The Verve, The Who, Oasis, The War on Drugs, The Stones etc. Sledgehammer is better than the original version IMHO. If you guys are gigging soon in Scotland, I'd like to know about it.
    You're very kind, thanks so much for that - genuinely appreciated and really good of you. All bands mentioned are heroes/ influences so thanks. 

We're doing a headline gig at Room2 Glasgow on December 23rd with the full electric band and Paul and myself are down for playing HMV Argyle Street Glasgow I think in later November sometime (possibly the 18th if that is a Saturday).

Best wishes 
    H

www.proudhoney.com

• We're doing a headline gig at Room2 Glasgow on December 23rd with the full electric band and Paul and myself are down for playing HMV Argyle Street Glasgow I think in later November sometime (possibly the 18th if that is a Saturday).

Cool man, I'll try to get along to one of those.
    If you are going to Room2 let me know as I'll get a guest list for you - save the ticket cost in case we are rubbish :) ;)

H

www.proudhoney.com

• shugz said:
    If you are going to Room2 let me know as I'll get a guest list for you - save the ticket cost in case we are rubbish :) ;)

H
    That's good of you buddy.
    No problem at all:)

It's a while to go but definitely let me know nearer the time if you can go and can sort out. Probably can do a +1 as well.

At least we'll have 2 folk in the crowd.....

H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Won't get too spammy but here's the linky for the Stonesy new one as mentioned out today. Thanks to anyone giving it a go and for the kind words re this project:

https://spotify.link/bKleZKvecEb

Many thanks,
    H

www.proudhoney.com

edited November 2023
    Had some decent airplay on this, local and national. BBC Radio Scotland are playing the tune on the Billy Sloan show later tonight. Some good amount of streams too - means absolutely nothing but there has a been a little more uptake in general on this one.

Still typing this owning no shoes but can't have everything. Thanks to anyone that's given it a go

Cheers 
    H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul and I are playing a short acoustic show at HMV Glasgow, Argyle St on Saturday this weekend.

Sat 18th Nov
    HMV Glasgow Argyle St
    Band on at 2.50pm
    Cashless transaction aka FREEBIE gig

Come along, decide we're rubbish and leave with a Poldark box set on VHS.

You know it makes (no) sense,
    H

www.proudhoney.com

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2023
    We'll be playing Glasgow's Room2 venue on December 23rd.  Full band as opposed to the usual acoustic duo.

Details here:

https://room-2.co.uk/events/23-promotions-presents-34/

If anyone fancies it let me know and I can see if there's guest list available. Or support yer local too old for fame and fortune, not talented enough for a weddings band guys and just buy a ticket 

Many thanks
    H

www.proudhoney.com

• I'm still intending to come @shugz. My only concern is that the last connecting train that'll get me home is at 10.15, and I might miss some of your set, especially if you're over running. 
    I'm still intending to come @shugz. My only concern is that the last connecting train that'll get me home is at 10.15, and I might miss some of your set, especially if you're over running. 
    Probably a good move..... ;)

www.proudhoney.com

• shugz said:
    I'm still intending to come @shugz. My only concern is that the last connecting train that'll get me home is at 10.15, and I might miss some of your set, especially if you're over running. 
    Probably a good move..... ;)
    I think I'll drive. My old motor isn't LEZ compliant, so I'll maybe park south of the river. Are tickets available on the door?
    Can stick you on the guest list if you want? Just DM a name and a +1 if applicable :)

H

www.proudhoney.com

Slight revival of this one, thanks for your indulgence. Hippy will headline Room2, Glasgow again on May 10th.

We're bringing out our take on The Fab Four's 'I've Got A Feeling' that day too. Gig details here:

https://room-2.co.uk/events/23-promotions-presents-41/

There's possibly some guests pass stuff available so if you're daft enough to wait to ruin your Friday night then just drop me a message. The band is also on Instagram as:

hippy.music

I have my own artworks page there too:

deepriverman_arts

Feel free to say hello on there too if there's any Grammers on here.

Many thanks
    H

www.proudhoney.com

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5537
    I missed this first time around. It sounds bloody great!
    We're going to be in Glasgow on May 10th as it happens, I'll speak to the crew and see if we can make it.