Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are there any musicians on this forum?

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Just curious like! I'll settle for a chiropractor who plays sonata's on a pair of rib-cages!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Given the rep of musicians round here, I don't think they can afford the internet connection charges.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Not me.
    My V key is broken
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30874
    I can play cowboy chords.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    Depends what level of musician you mean, or whether it's a euphemism for something I'm not aware of!

I play sax and piano, though not anywhere near as well as I did when I was 18.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I thought this was a parody thread of the recruitment thread?  Is it for reals?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I thought this was a parody thread of the recruitment thread?  Is it for reals?
    ;)
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15956
    no musicians just metalheads
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15956
    :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    FFS put a different photo up. Them white laces make ye look like you need some sort of intervention.

According to some forums, I'm a semi pro. So yeah. Although I don't see how turning up at places that serves The Booze and twatting out some chords makes me a Semi Anything really.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266
    I own several guitars but to call me a musician would be one hell of a stretch of the imagination.

I'm more of a noise polluter.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Define what you mean by musician.

I'd have thought there were loads on this forum ... bang out a tune or two on a guitar and you're a musician.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I'm Jimmy Page. You rumbled me!

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    All the gear no idea
  • Drew_fx said:
    I thought this was a parody thread of the recruitment thread?  Is it for reals?
    ;)

Stop putting illegal parody bullshit in the serious forums.  It is just not cool.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So apparently you can put links in smileys.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Used to be for all of seven years until I was 22 or so and realised that the game was about entertainment and absolutely nothing to do with music or musicianship, then kind of lost my way with it.   Since then, after a ten year break I have just been seeking the perfect tone.  It mostly comes down to holding one note for three hours with my ears against the cabinet when I finally hit a sweet spot, weather, temperature and humidity, ears and mood dependant. Have all the chops and can shred alright to playing Texas Blues, to me it 's more a way to unwind and if creativity comes through tone then fine, but I do it for myself not others and get pissed off when people tell me I should perform as I'm really good, because there are a gazzilion others who are more consistent and better and who actually want to perform for starters. 

Is still lots of fun to play with others, but not really into performing and creative element of it so much as it's so time consuming and money wasting.  Although I like excuses to crank the amp. I just like losing myself playing whatever.  Most usually on my own.

Do have much respect for fellas such as yourself who still have the motivation and enthusiastic energy to change or think they cabn change the world, to create new spaces and new dimensions and do it though.  But you see, since I acknowledged to myself when I was just a lad that the sun already started to implode millions of years ago, before I was born even, so we were all doomed as a species anyway, I thus found it incredibly difficult to see the point or the urgency in it.

The way I look at it is like this, it's the difference between being born able to draw and paint and actually working at it and being creative and creating new spaces and things.  That is the difference from being able to play, even very well and being a musician.

Besides I found a creative outlet in my job, so I don't need that outlet so much.  If I worked in an office all day, I'd probably be performing and creating for sure, mostly I just enjoy the tone of the thing though.  No seriously, if I worked in an office all day I would have done myself in years ago, I couldn't take that.

Waaaaah, just give me the money, I can't even be fooked to be creative in my job anymore, there is more money in landscape maintenance.  Truth is that I'm too old and too lazy and too shit.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    Absolutely not - I just own a few guitars and related paraphernalia to give the impression to visitors that I'm a muso. I can't play a note....
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Well I do at least play all my guitars or masturbate with them and each is highly selectively put together from scratch or modified to be a specific tone machine with specific tonal qualities that I require of it. 

I can't understand buying tools, because that is what they are, and not using them, although in fairness I guess there are a lot on here who have state of the art lawnmowers and just polish them, whilst I use a self propelled 56cm and get through maybe 10 acres a week of lawns between other things.  Makes me feel better about myself that.  Still nice things aren't bad at least of you can afford them and aspire to play them, so long as you do, aspire that is.

Who I am, the pompous fool, to judge anyway, the sun is gonna implode in 10,000 years and no one will remember or care about us even in a hundred so what the hell.  Although understanding sarcasm never was my strong point. 

Anyway, the semi-pro musicians on here probably look at me, lower down the food chain and think twat anyway so it's all good.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    In the kingdom of non-musicians, the bedroom guitarist is king.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom