SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wharfedale TCT 30 (ALBION) 30 watt 6L6 valve

DominicDominic Frets: 16097
What is it? 

Answer: Marshall in disguise. 

Head Marshall designer Steve Grindrod who latterly went to Vox and set up his own operation to produce an all-out valve rock amp at a budget price with traditional traditional British tone. Launched in partnership with Wharfedale speakers they were re-branded ALBION (a play on the 'British' sound of the amp) 

2 Channels - one is clean to crunch the other is screaming hi-gain lead with separate gain and presence controls. 

This is a very loud 30 watts with reverb. 

Driven Plexi style sound typical 70's 80's rock 
In my opinion the amp section is outstanding for the money (I have £1,500 amps that dont sound as good!) but is ultimately let down by a poor speaker. I have played it through my serious cabs and it sounds superb so if you want to get the very best from it you will eventually want to put a better speaker in it. There are plenty of demos on You Tube and its well reviewed. 

Footswitch is included (which is rare). 
You are welcome to try it out 

Location - Hertfordshire London
£185

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Hey, these were made 200 yards from my old job! Good luck with the sale!
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    These are good amps. I bought one when they were knocking them out cheap after the rebranding a few years back. Not sure I'd describe these as a budget amp though IIRC the RRP on these was £789.

Have a bump and GLWTS.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    Thanks for the vote of confidence @ drwiddly - as it happens I have just sold it today .........they probably were about £780 but I think they had to discount heavily because of bad sales -they are a very decent amp -very Marshall sounding but marketing was poor and they just didn't get the exposure they needed to establish themselves .I think they still exist and make some much bigger head and cab units.