UK Guitar Shop holding me to ransom

What's Hot
Hi Folks, Apologies if I'm in the wrong place for this but I'm in desperate need. Basically I have brand bought a brand new Amp and Cab from a guitar store a few months ago and basically parcelforce didn't even try to correctly send me my product. There are two packages, one for the head and one for the cab. Basically the Cab is missing, but listed as having been delivered. Even though the photo for delivery isn't my address. The head has been returned but is damaged. The shop is holding me at arms length saying I just have to wait for Parcelforce claims to come through before they can refund me anything. They putting the emphasis that they can't return for a damaged item or an item that "has been delivered". I'm slightly unsure of my rights, can anyone help me please? The reality is I haven't returned them a damaged item because you can't return something if it's never been with you. I'm just in limbo waiting for some returns claim. What happens if Parcelforce reject my claim? Am I just out of pocket? Surely this isn't right.... If there's someone who can help me with basic knowledge of my rights I'd be very grateful. 

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    If you paid by credit card, get them involved. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    Your contract is with the retailer.

You have no contract with the courier.

Consumer Rights Act makes the retailer responsible for the good condition and safe delivery of your order.

By saying that, you are expected allow a fair and reasonable time for this to be investigated- say 2-4 wks.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6711
    Seller is responsible for getting stuff to you. They made the contract with ParcelF UK and they need to sort it out and issue you a full refund. 
  • toescantalktoescantalk Frets: 142
    This is what the shop should have done https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds https://www.money.co.uk/guides/your-refund-rights-explained

So you have every right to expect a refund. 

• JMS96JMS96 Frets: 138
    I had the same but not guitar related. I paid with my regular debit card, but the bank stepped in anyway, refunded me and then took it up with the retailer. I was shocked that they could say it had been delivered when the photo showed it clearly hadn’t.