Anyone know about this product ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-Guitar-Strings-Electric-Plectrums/dp/B0BBS9B4J6

Been going since 1967 ?  Never hear of them 

Are their string's any good ?

“Ken sent me.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23004
    Never heard of his strings, but I remember his cat.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 580
    Tannin knows all about strings, I am sure he has heard of them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7347
    It sounds to me as though Henry's Music in Prague, Czech Republic is in some ways an "own brand" of Praha Music Centre (PMC Ltd) in Prague.  They have the same address.  Part of the Google Translate from the Praha Music Centre's "About" page: http://www.pmc.cz/o-firme/

"History and present The company Praha Music Center spol. s.r.o. was founded on 20.5.1991. Praha Music Center (also known by the abbreviation PMC) operates in the Czech and Slovak Republics as one of the largest distributors of musical instruments, professional audio equipment and consumer goods/lifestyle products. As a distributor, it supplies goods not only to stores with musical instruments and audio, but also to retail chains and online stores that meet the current business conditions. A very important part of Praha Music Center's activities is also cooperation with installation companies, broadcast studios, schools and state institutions.

In business, Praha Music Center spol. s.r.o. focuses exclusively on distribution. Logistics center Louny In the town of Louny, Praha Music Center spol. s.r.o. newly renovated logistics and service center (more than 2000 m2), whose services are also rented out to other companies. From this logistics center, it covers its business activities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia".

The impression I get about Henry's Music is that it is the "own brand" retail outlet for the trade-only supplier Praha Music Centre.  In some ways I suppose it's probably like Thomann having a separate Harley Benton website and JHS (John Hornby Skewes - trade only UK based international supplier and distributor) having separate websites for the brands they own like Vintage and Fret King.  Praha Music Centre will no doubt have the buying power to have their Henry's branded strings, instruments and accessories made by large OEM factories that make umpteen other brands.

I haven't watched it all the way through, but perhaps there's some background info in THIS video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5498
    bluecat said:
    Tannin knows all about strings, I am sure he has heard of them.
    In this case, @bluecat, no, it's a new name to me. :)  But (like @BillDL) I looked them up and found no evidence of them actually making strings. It has all the hallmarks of an OEM rebrand. The question is who makes the strings? The answer will determine the quality - anywhere from pretty awful through to very good indeed. 

And yes, I'd like to try a set! (But not if it means buying from fucking Amazon - there are some standards a man has to stick by no matter what.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom