SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tone King Sky King 1x12" £1400

What's Hot
BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325

2018 Immaculate never gigged

Footswitch

Two channels delivering superb blackface and tweed vintage tones.

Loaded with a pair of Tone King Ironman II power attenuators you can enjoy those majestic tube driven tones at any volume. The 6-Step attenuation maintains the feel and response meaning you don't compromise on tone to attain lower volume performance.

Bias modulation tremolo circuit and a tube driven spring reverb.

I have no box so collection from London only

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5yaw9zmednshaene3j1b4/Sky.jpg?rlkey=2w6pxgrqwuju0vt4gvcrufigt&raw=1

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ReflexReflex Frets: 61
    Absolutely fantastic amps and a crazy price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • swampyswampy Frets: 33
    Pm’d
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4883
    If this is a Bartel era one, that's an absolute bargain.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9609
    My fave TonE King amp
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    What colour ?
    Boromedic said:
    The last Bartel SK amps were made in 2016 I believe, though someone with more experience may know better.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    Reflex said:
    Boromedic said:
    The last Bartel SK amps were made in 2016 I believe, though someone with more experience may know better.
    I don’t think there’s any evidence that Bartel era Tone King amps are worth any more than the current ones. Yours looks a great amp and it’s a decent price whatever era it’s from, GLWTS. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Reflex said:
    Boromedic said:
    I don’t think there’s any evidence that Bartel era Tone King amps are worth any more than the current ones. Yours looks a great amp and it’s a decent price whatever era it’s from, GLWTS. 
    Apologies, didn’t mean to derail.  Sonically I believe they’re pretty much identical.  Best clean platform I’ve ever heard :)
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 313
    Check out Psionic Audio's videos on Sky Kings. It would appear there are some revisions that might be best avoided due to design issues in the boards. 
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    snowblind said:
    Check out Psionic Audio's videos on Sky Kings. It would appear there are some revisions that might be best avoided due to design issues in the boards. 
    @snowblind thats a very unhelpful comment I would stress that there are no issues with this amp whatsoever!!!

Why would you post that??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 313
    Apologies. I don't mean to jinx your sale and I am not suggesting your amp is one of the ones affected. It is just for awareness. If I'm planning to shell out a 4-figure sum on an item I'd want to know as much about said item as possible. 
    It should be added that Tone King went above and beyond to help rectify the problems found and learned from the information to improve the product. They care about their reputation and any prospective owner can take comfort in that fact.
    Your asking price is very attractive and I can't see anyone who really wants a Sky King blowing out the idea of buying it on account of two TY videos. 
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 341
    edited May 4
    Psionic Audio is a tedious crank. 

GLWTS!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
    spirit7 said:

GLWTS!
    Indeed I remember him (Lyle) ripping people off, not fulfilling orders and keeping equipment.   Surprised he made a comeback
  • razorbillrazorbill Frets: 86
    Kultschar said:
    spirit7 said:

GLWTS!
    Indeed I remember him (Lyle) ripping people off, not fulfilling orders and keeping equipment.   Surprised he made a comeback
    Do you have a source for this? I find Psionic’s videos very informative/helpful, so it would be a shame if that were true. 

Also a lovely looking amp @Blaendulais and a good price too by the looks of it. GLWTS
  • theterracattheterracat Frets: 15
    Think it can be found on TGP where there are long threads on this, but up to your judgment as to what actually went down...
  • HPhillipsmusicHPhillipsmusic Frets: 194
    wow I feel for you @Blaendulais - some totally unnecessary thread hijacking in operation! beautiful amp, great price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Signman62Signman62 Frets: 35
    Hijacking a sales post like this should be dealt with by mod's.
     See it on here all the time.

If you don't have anything good to say, button it !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    Loads of bullshit..........Top quality amp at bottom line price
    most people would give their right arm to own one and this is a giveaway price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom