That Pedal Show gigs

What's Hot
LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3911
edited May 4 in Live
Anyone go?

I went to Fat Lil's in Witney last night.

Great fun. Great venue. 

@JakeLoosemore of this parish on vocals, since Mick had a throat infection. Well done, mate. Sounded great. 

Really enjoyed all the covers. I'm not really a fan of virtuoso stuff, but appreciated the skill of Andy Timmons.

Some great tone on display obvs. There must have been at least £50k worth of gear on the stage. 

Kudos to Dan for having a bash with the vocoder. Very funny. 

I must say though, as a self-confessed gear addict, I came away thinking all you really need for such gigs is a Les Paul, valve amp, clean tone, dirty tone and a bit of reverb. 

I didn't really notice all the fancy stuff. 

Well done, chaps. I really enjoyed it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SRichSRich Frets: 763
    Very envious……and it’s a great venue. I came to the Joey Landreth / TPS Gig and that was a blast (literally….and I forgot my earplugs that night!)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JakeLoosemoreJakeLoosemore Frets: 78
    Lebarque said:
    Anyone go?

Great fun. Great venue. 

@JakeLoosemore of this parish on vocals, since Mick had a throat infection. Well done, mate. Sounded great. 

Really enjoyed all the covers. I'm not really a fan of virtuoso stuff, but appreciated the skill of Andy Timmons.

Some great tone on display obvs. There must have been at least £50k worth of gear on the stage. 

I must say though, as a self-confessed gear addict, I came away thinking all you really need for such gigs is a Les Paul, valve amp, clean tone, dirty tone and a bit of reverb. 

Thanks for the kind words man, I’ve definitely sounded better but touring with the guys was so much fun! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndySolAndySol Frets: 3
    Lebarque said:
    Anyone go?

Great fun. Great venue. 

Yeah I went to that! I stood near the bar most of the time, so perhaps didn't get the full tone experience. It was a great gig and good fun, AT was awesome.

While the tones were great I certainly didn't feel they were as good as the hype about pedals/Two Rocks etc might have had you believe they would be. Ultimately it's about the music, which I enjoyed, so job done! :-)

Plus I had a massive kebab afterwards! :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1160
    Lebarque said:

This is so true. My pedalboard died twenty minutes from the end last night, and I more than got by with just the amp and the volume control on my guitar.
  • jim_crossjim_cross Frets: 18
    Lebarque said:

I had the same feeling after the last couple of Bros Landreth shows I went to
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 828
    I was at Fat Lil's. Thought it was a great gig and @JakeLoosemore did amazingly well on vocals and that ole strat.  Got me a good view. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom