SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT: Vox AC30 Dallas Arbiter 1974 for something with humbuckers

This is a tentative for trade offer...not sure I want to move this on.  But I've got too many amps, and fancy a decent guitar.  So...

This is a 1974 AC30.  I think Vox had just switched to solid state rectifiers at this time (the transformer has unused leads tucked along the chassis, presumably for the 5V filament supply).  It has the original two silver alnico speakers.  Overall it's in pretty good condition - the cab is solid, the tolex is largely okay (a tear on the right side, as pictured) and the grill cloth, though a bit baggy and tatty in places, has no holes in it.

When I got this one of the rectifier diodes was shorting, and had been generating a pretty serious amount of heat and smoke.  The power amp tag board was pretty charred at that end, so I built up a complete replacement.  I recapped it, and have replaced the power valves with JJs.  It now sounds absolutely brilliant.  The middle handle is broken, and the footswitch needs a new switch (the top has come off), but I'll get these sorted before trading.  Also, I have been thinking about fitting an Off/Standby/On switch, and can do this if any potential traders would prefer.

I'm looking for something with humbuckers in it - and that's about the only criterion.  I fancy a 61 RI SG, but also wouldn't mind a Les Paul (why?! I know don't like them!) or a 175 knockoff, or something weird.  Anything considered, in other words (though nothing Floyd-ish or pointy).  Would be okay with cash adjustment either way, though I don't have much of that cash stuff at the moment.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom