SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

@Scalded_ape - no pedal received, no recent communication, no refund

What's Hot
I purchased a pedal from @scalded_ape on the 5th November.

He gave me the tracking number on the 6th which confirmed it was in transit but it's looking like its lost.

I've been in contact with him up until the 18th of November when everything went quiet. From my understanding the 15 working days have passed for delivery and he will have to go through the compensation route with Royal Mail, and I should be refunded.

Anyone have any ideas as I've had no contact for a while and beginning to think I'm not receiving a refund or a pedal...

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Have you check with your post office it could be sat there waiting for you to collect
  • Yep, already checked with my local one, the post office who received it first and the sorting office. Nothing at all.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/27527/

Does this help explain? Looks like he's had a tough time of late but I dunno. No affiliation.
  • SnazzyGeezerSnazzyGeezer Frets: 38
    edited November 2014
    I also bought a pedal from him which was posted and signed for
    Sent from Chesham as that's where Mr J Collingridge lives (as I have his bank details)and delivered in Chesham signed for by Lank.e
    That's not my name, that's not my name And I live in Wales
  • I have contacted him maybe Ten time through the forum and to his private email address with no repay since the
    18th Nov when he sent me the tracking Number
    The parcel was delivered in Chesham and had no return address
    ( this info was from the post office)
    I paid paypal gift too,great stuff !!!!
  • Tough time or not, Iain and myself paid in good faith for the goods.
    You can pick your emails up from anywhere in the World, agreed,
    10 days is long enough to get a reply
    It's just the done thing, or its a scam !
    I paid him on the 9th November

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Deijavoo;427492" said:
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/27527/

Does this help explain? Looks like he's had a tough time of late but I dunno. No affiliation.
    I definitely empathise with the situation and to be fair a £65 pedal isn't the end of the world but it's just concerning due to the lack of contact.

Up until the 18th @scalded_ape was definitely trying to resolve the situation.

I'm definitely not putting him at fault as I have the ref from Royal Mail. Just wondering if there's anything else I can do to resolve it.
  • This happened to me, I sent a pedal and paid extra for 'signed for' but it never arrived. I had to claim from the Post Office and eventually got about £50. It was a long-winded PITA bureaucratic process but paid off in the end. :-S
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/