Fredric Effects boutique guitar pedals - news and updates

What's Hot

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    edited September 2015
    I scored my Jag from fenderguy on offset. All original bar the tuners which were replaced yonks ago.
    I have since had a new nut installed and swapped out the bridge and trem collet for the Staytrem equivalent, not noticed any change I feel or sou d just more stable.

Nusery is expensive mate, Daisy cost us £1200 a month for 4 and a half years....

I thought you guys were In Finchley?
    I get Tuesdays off which I am using to start off my carpentry business but if nowt on I'd love to swing by and check out some Fredric effects and your Hagstroms of course!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Sounds good. I'll drop you a PM when things quieten down a little.

On the Fredric Effects news, here's a quick comparison between the FE Zombie and another klone:
    tFB Trader
    Producer Larry Hibbitt shared a pic of his new Fredric Effects pedals he'll be using at RAK studios this week. This is a seriously daunting/impressive mixing desk.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Quick look at the Deeply Unpleasant Companion artwork before it goes off to the printers.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Testing a King of Klone this morning. It's pretty addictive!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Now there's a whole family of Unpleasant Companions!

Super Unpleasant Companion: FY2 Companion Fuzz + FY6 Superfuzz in one sloped enclosure the same dimensions as the classic FY2.
    Unpleasant Companion: updated Shin-Ei FY2 with a volume boost circuit and scoop control
    Deeply Unpleasant Companion: designed for bass, but also great on guitar, has buffered clean blend for clarity and improved bass response.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Restock today for Harry's Guitar Co and Regent Sounds. Harry's will be at the Liverpool Guitar Show this weekend, with a good selection of Fredric Effects pedals.

• A fine looking brace of pedals
    tFB Trader
    Thanks! And I always wonder what the collective noun for a group of pedals was. A flange of pedals? No that's baboons...
    tFB Trader
    We've been working on a special run of pedals designed with Julia from Future of the Left for the pledge campaign for their new album. Read about it here:
    http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thepeaceandtruceoffutureoftheleft
    tFB Trader
    The Deeply Unpleasant Companion is out now, with demo!
    http://www.fredric.co.uk/deeply-unpleasant-companion

tFB Trader
    SPLATTERHOUSE OF FUZZ! Wonderful title page and fascinating article by Fletcher Stewart for Tone Report Weekly. All about the wilder side of Fuzz. 

imageimage
    tFB Trader
    Testing the production PCBs for the pedals for the Future of the Left pledge campaign. 46 of these sold-out in about a week, which is great. Now to build the things! Everything checks-out okay on this first set of boards, so the next step is to take the plans to the company who will fabricate the enclosures.

imageimage

tFB Trader
    Fredric Effects are back in stock at Joe's Pedals!
    http://www.joespedals.com/acatalog/Fredric_Effects.html

tFB Trader
    Interview with Musical Instrument Pro about the state of the UK effects pedal industry. A little dry, but there may be interest...!
    tFB Trader
    Here's the sample enclosure for the batch of Future of the Left fuzz pedals. As you can see, everything lines-up nicely, so production can go ahead. The production enclosures will be welded at the corners and any rough edges ground away.

tFB Trader
    Testing pedals for our new stockist Coda Music in Stevenage, and Harry's Guitar Company, who will be at the UK Guitar Show later this month.

tFB Trader
    All the Future of the Left fuzzes awaiting their enclosures... nearly there!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    timhulio;925164" said:
    Interview with Musical Instrument Pro about the state of the UK effects pedal industry. A little dry, but there may be interest...!http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/index.php/news/read/boutique-week-frederic-effects/020682
    Interesting to hear that you've grown organically and how your sales abroad are sizeable compared to UK sales. Keep up the good work!
    tFB Trader
    Thanks! 

Paypal has a useful monthly statement now which tells you where your sales are coming from. In Nov/Dec, about 55% of orders were from overseas. In Jan it was 75%, but that's an anomaly as January is an odd month for UK sales.