Marshall have reissued the silver jubilee

What's Hot

Comments

• They're a bit late with this with bonamassa moving onto fenders.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I wonder how much fuss the solid-state diode clipping will cause on TGP etc...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM;490171" said:
    Huh they describe it as all valve.

BURN THEM. :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hmmm…. so they do. Naughty naughty.

Technically it could be described as having "all valve gain", because there are no solid-state amplifying stages, but there are most certainly solid-state diodes used for the clipping both in the 'Pull Rhythm Clip' mode and the lead channel. Only the clean mode doesn't use them, which I suspect is not what most people buy them for!

I suspect most Jubilee enthusiasts know that already though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Monstronaut;490142" said:
    They're a bit late with this with bonamassa moving onto fenders.

Nah. Means the Jubilee is cool again now he's not using them. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    ICBM;490171" said:

BURN THEM. :)
    Have they re-employed those Blackstar dudes again?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I love my jubillee and I guess there is a demand for them,  but I'd rather see something new instead of reissued product - something built really well, that sounds great and brings something new to the amp market.   Seems that so many amps offer a "marshall sound" in one of the channels, but surely the best option for that should be a marshall - it's been a long time since they were on my must check out list and I have 6 marshall amps in the house.
  • My mate has an original 50w Jubilee. A fantastic sounding amp for gain stuff.
  • John_P;490506" said:
    I love my jubillee and I guess there is a demand for them,  but I'd rather see something new instead of reissued product - something built really well, that sounds great and brings something new to the amp market.   Seems that so many amps offer a "marshall sound" in one of the channels, but surely the best option for that should be a marshall - it's been a long time since they were on my must check out list and I have 6 marshall amps in the house.
    They should, absolutely 100 percent, take the Jet City approach.

Take a few Marshall circuits (jcm800, jtm45, major for example) and simplify them as much as is possible. In some cases, I suspect they'd be very little to change.

Then, make top quality pcbs, populate them and make the amps robust but with no bells or whistles. No extra channels or gain stages. Effects loop only on the gainy ones. Then supply a good quality ply cab with a generic speaker in it, price it to sell and watch profit roll in.

They'll still be able to sell the more expensive UK made reissues because they'll look correct and have uprated components and stuff, but one look at the Jet City line up tells you a great recipe for success. Just do a simple, great sounding amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    ^ Yeah. Though from what I heard (could be wrong) the Jet City stuff wasn't actually selling that well- however, that's probably because people hadn't heard of them (and a fair few probably hadn't even heard of mike soldano). I'd guess with the marshall label on them they wouldn't suffer from that problem.
    To be honest, the Jet City stuff looks awful with that '333' logo (what actually does that mean?) confusing the brand identity, and the blue/black styling which doesn't quite go. I also think they're actually *too* cheap to be taken seriously, possibly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
    £1700 for the head? Ouch.
    Pretty sure you can get an original for less than that in top condition, and it will be better made.

That didn't stop them reissuing the 2203 though...

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
    I got one last year for £850. It was black but that was no big deal for me.
  • ICBM;491648" said:
    To be honest, the Jet City stuff looks awful with that '333' logo (what actually does that mean?) confusing the brand identity, and the blue/black styling which doesn't quite go. I also think they're actually *too* cheap to be taken seriously, possibly.
    That's what I mean though - if they kept the classic looks and Marshall name, it's a sure fire winner.

No idea what 333 means. Actually, the styling is pretty off! The newer ones look better, at last.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    ICBM;491648" said:
    Luckily the rear grill panel of the JCA20h fits on the front, and the blue "333" panel fits in my kitchen bin. :)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Wonder if they have looked at reliability and quality control in this one
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    333 is basically "little devil" or "son of the devil"
    Think that is what Doug said at one point on the old HCAF board.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    matt1973;491687" said:
    £1700 for the head? Ouch.

Nope.

£1199 at two places I've seen already.
  • I've always fancied a 2555, cannot stand the silver tolex/panel, shame they just don't make them in black. 
    But as already stated in this thread, the price is out of my league.