HB E35

What's Hot
A very kind parcel force chap make a 2nd trip to drop off some parcels - he said he's a guitarist and recognised the thomann boxes so thought he would try again to save me a trip to the depot :)

Here we go...

Which contained these..

So this is the starting point..

I have to say for just over 100 with a case it is amazingly good value - I'm not a fan of the burst but it looks fine and plays ok.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That looks as good! (As do all the other HB guitars posted this far).

Have a WOW!
    What have you got planned for it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Thanks - it does look and play nicely.     I'm going to make it gold - Busy weekend but I might get it stripped down ready to start over the next few days.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Cool - looking forward to this John. Ordered myself the Cherry one in the end, plus faux Bigsby to go with the ersatz 335 :)

• Looking really good John. As you say for 100 squid with case ! That's amazing. 
    Thomann: with these HB's, you are really spoiling us! 

Can't wait to see what you do with it. Have a busy weekend. LOL
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11790
    put EMGs in it!

I always wanted to try a semi with actives
    I've got a pair of EMG 66/57 sat here but they are going in a prs.  I bought some duncans for this but I'll have to see how the zebra coils look with the gold - I think covered might be better.    Bigsby copy and gold leaf ordered so I'll start stripping it down next.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547
    i wouldn't bother stripping it too much if you are gold leafing.   just sand the current finish with 240g wet& dry before applying leaf to that.

it will be a bugger to strip it properly - wouldn't want to use a heat gun on a laminated pressed box
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    That looks unbelievably good guitar for that kind of cash.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

I've just got one of these - same colour - and with the case for £130. Amazing value.

It needs a bit of fettling, and I'll be putting new electrics in it, but I don't think I qualify for the modding challenge! :)

martinw;534697" said:
    I've just got one of these - same colour - and with the case for £130. Amazing value.It needs a bit of fettling, and I'll be putting new electrics in it, but I don't think I qualify for the modding challenge! :)
    It's a Harley Benton and you're modding it, it meets all criteria of the challenge.

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    So if I get a HB tele and change pickups and switch gear and maybe tuners and hacksaw off the pointy bit on the hesdstock, that meets the entry criteria?
    ^ sounds good to me!

I've finally started on mine - just spent this evening stripping it down and removing all the parts - I'm sure there is a trick I'll have missed to make putting the pots back after I've finished but we'll think about that later...
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    Whoops - sorry @John_P I took your thread off topic for a moment. Typing and watching tv at same time! :\">
    Chalky;535951" said:
    So if I get a HB tele and change pickups and switch gear and maybe tuners and hacksaw off the pointy bit on the hesdstock, that meets the entry criteria?
    Its exactly the point in the challenge, but a HB guitar and mod it until you're happy, that could be as simple as sorting the wiring to a refinish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom