Anyone else scammed by J Collingridge, photographer AKA Lexerr emerger jridge scalded_ape

What's Hot
ellangusellangus Frets: 250
edited December 2015 in Off Topic
As the title says.

I Bought a TSS808 from this guy last Thursday, he said it had been posted Thursday lunch first class, nothing has arrived.

I had replies to my PM's up until Monday.

Just noticed that @JookyChap has not received his Orange Tiny Terror also. (I've just notified him Jooky).

Having done image searches of the items he's selling I see that they've come from various places on the web!

Has anyone else had any dealings with this guy.

According to his Paypal his name is J. Collingridge.

Thanks guys
Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    This is where the forum detectives usually turn up all sorts of interesting facts about J. Collingridge, believed to be a resident of Beaconsfield, Bucks ...

Alternatively, @Lexerr turns up with a completely reasonable explanation, the deals are completed, and everyone lives happily ever after ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    The only J. Collingridge I could find in the Bucks area is a photographer (Really good work too) and I honestly wouldn't expect this guy to be the sort of person would go out scamming people for a few quid, but who knows?

I've called his number, but that went straight to voicemail, so I left a message asking him to call me back.

Having done a bit of digging, he does seem to have an interest in guitars, so it COULD be him?
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Spatulas at the ready folks ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, well, well, I have an outstanding pedal from @jridge (who also appears to be in Bucks, but then that's not guaranteed as part of a self-entered profile), and guess what the PP name copied from the PP page is J Collingridge ~ what a coincidence.

I would be more than happy to hear an explanation, but my request for information about my purchase on 22 Jan remained unanswered.   jridge joined 11 Jan and was last on here 26 Jan, my last request for information before doing this sort of thread myself was 13th Feb (lucky for some - not me though).  Note that it is possible to receive PMs whilst not logged on via eMail notifications.

Maybe @TTony could check IP details as this looks more than suspicious.

I hasten to add that I have had many really great deals on here, this is the only one which is problematic, and I did have my suspicions at the time.  A real shame if they turn out to be founded.

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829

Glad I spotted this thread as I was about to buy a pedal off Lexerr - will hang fire now!

I notice he was last active on the forum yesterday having only joined a few weeks ago. Not a great start by all accounts!  @ellangus , I suggest you leave a comment on Lexerr's current sale thread in the hope of attracting his attention and alerting other buyers : http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/34193/mxr-fullbore-korg-pitchblack-modified-crybaby#latest

• Thanks for the thread link @Heartfeltdawn, if I didn't have the attention span of a gnat, I would probably have recalled reading that.  I guess there was some awareness subliminally, I should have trusted that and been more cautious.  It is the only time I had any question about the veracity of the classifieds.  It was only a cheap pedal, or I wouldn't have gone ahead, but that is hardly the point if we are being systematically targeted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22097
    edited February 2015
    Right then, this Scalded_Ape chap. 

We have it confirmed in this thread of the J. Collingridge name. 

In this thread where he is selling items, the picture of the D'Addario strings links to this Photobucket account:

In that Photobucket account library, you will note several pictures of snakes and F1 cars. Those F1 cars have various sensors on them. It's a testing session at Silverstone, 2013 by my reckoning looking at the colour and sponsor configuration on the Williams. 

Here we have a Youtube user, a J.Collingridge who also has a video of F1 testing at Silverstone from 2014. 

Oh look, a Williams at the Belgium Grand Prix 2014. Some pictures on there taken by J Collingridge. A J Collingridge whose Facebook profile points him as living in High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire. 

And a J Collingridge on Twitter who has a link to his photography website and, going by his Twitter timeline, spent a lovely weekend in Spa Francorchamps in August 2014. The same time he took those nice Williams pictures. 

Mods, I'll happily remove this if you think it's stepping into the realm of stalking. In my opinion, ScaldedApe and Lexerr are all the same person and he's a con artist. Jridge might well be another pseudonym. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • lynch mob assemble! 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I've seen some really good deals from real newbies and almost pulled the trigger on a Luna Drive Pedal from Scalded Ape but the listing had no pictures and he didn't take paypal...so I bailed out

When I first came to this site I bought a few things first so people get to know your good for (a) the money and (b) someone has your address. Things do get lost in the post and people have busy lives and forget to post but perhaps when someone new comes onto the forum it could be mentioned to them that they might like to do a few 'buying' deals before selling items?
    Me and @Lew had a case of excessive waiting for a pedal/gear last year which resolved itself eventually..

I know it won't stop multiple username fraudsters but it might deter a random chancer?

:)
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Right my spatulas sharp and I'm ready to go. Grrr

http://i.imgur.com/4KPoZS5.png
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Right then, this Scalded_Ape chap. 

We have it confirmed in this thread of the J. Collingridge name. 

In this thread where he is selling items, the picture of the D'Addario strings links to this Photobucket account:

http: //i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z417/J_Collingridge_Photography/20140914_232220.jpg

In that Photobucket account library, you will note several pictures of snakes and F1 cars. Those F1 cars have various sensors on them. It's a testing session at Silverstone, 2013 by my reckoning looking at the colour and sponsor configuration on the Williams. 

Here we have a Youtube user, a J.Collingridge who also has a video of F1 testing at Silverstone from 2014. 

Oh look, a Williams at the Belgium Grand Prix 2014. Some pictures on there taken by J Collingridge. A J Collingridge whose Facebook profile points him as living in High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire. 

And a J Collingridge on Twitter who has a link to his photography website and, going by his Twitter timeline, spent a lovely weekend in Spa Francorchamps in August 2014. The same time he took those nice Williams pictures. 

Mods, I'll happily remove this if you think it's stepping into the realm of stalking. In my opinion, ScaldedApe, Lexerr and *jridge* are all the same person and he's a con artist. Jridge might well be another pseudonym. 

@Heartfeltdawn, you are a credit to the forum.   Very nice work if I may say...

edited for completeness as far as I am aware and set in red into your quote for context

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mods, I'll happily remove this if you think it's stepping into the realm of stalking. In my opinion, ScaldedApe and Lexerr are all the same person and he's a con artist. Jridge might well be another pseudonym. 

Not at all.  Thanks for the research.

I'd been holding off on announcing this in the hope that @ellangus would get his situation resolved before we acted.

We have a multiple userID situation, and - from the details above - it would appear that various of the multiple IDs are involved in deals that have not yet concluded satisfactorily for the buyer.

From what I can see, it looks like the following user IDs are affected;

emerger

jridge

kittybasket

lexerr

scalded_ape

mitchellrob

All being IDs used by J Collingridge. 

He might just need tracking down ...

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for your research and post @TTony.

For the sake of forum credibility it does look like this should be taken further.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2015
    For the sake of forum credibility it does look like this should be taken further.
    Indeed.

It's probably appropriate for anyone who's not received goods to raise a money claim against J Collingridge.  You might also draw his attention to the incomplete deals via his Twitter account and Facebook page.

I can't see his photography website.  Depending on how he's registered that, you might also find a home address quite easily.

[edit]
    Just checked the registrant address for the website - it appears to be registered to his home address in Chesham, Bucks.  Think that should be sufficient to raise a money claim against him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    All userIDs apart from Lexerr are now banned.  I've only left that one open so that he can reply (if he chooses to) without needing to create another userID ...
    This seems to be his personal Facebook page judging by the F1 stuff, interest in snakes groups and likes about guitars, Oh and that fact that his previous profile pic was a red star on a black background as per one of his previous aliases on this forum:

• ^
    That's the puppy. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom