M-Track ?

A mate of mine just got hold of one of these, 

He loaded all the software and such, and all was going good untill he tried to use the actual machine, only to find it doesn`t work ??
Everything lights up, but that`s all that happens, it lights up, stays lit up, and that`s it.
He`s apparently tried everything he can think of, short of hitting it with a hammer. but come up with nothing.
On some of the forums he`s visited, he got the impression that they had a bit of a bad reputation for being a bit iffy, but this goes beyond that.
Any ideas or other clues to get it working would be greatly appreciated, cheers, Tam.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    I have that exact model. Assuming he's connected the USB to his computer (!!), is he not getting any sound from the guitar? From the computer?
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631

No Tam, there have been no bad reports that I am aware of. In fact there is a top recording guy over at Home Recording forum who has one and says it is a remarkable good AI for the money, even the mic pre amps are pretty decent. Been  a bit of an expensive few months recently but once the flexible friend recovers a bit I fully intend to buy one, run a ruler over it and then send it on to son in France.

I have an NI KA6 and an 8i6but them's too good for him as he tends to lose stuff....Musician you know!

NB. There is an Alesis unit that is, I understand, exactly the same interface.

Dave.

• TamDBTamDB Frets: 6
    Hi guys , thanks for the comments. As far as i`m aware, he`s connected everything up as per the manual which came with it, but he`s getting nuffink from nowhere, just lights, which just stay on regardless of what he does to the machine.
    I`ll get back to him tomorrow and see if he`s managed to get anywhere since I spoke to him, and then report back, cheers, Tam.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Does he have these options?
    imageimage
    Thanks for the tips, i`ve just e-mailed him to find out, so we`ll see if that helps, cheers, T.
    It turns out that the thing was completely knackered, so I took it back to the shop and got a refund.
    I`ve now got the options of A, The Alesis iO2 EXPRESS, (which appears to be virtually the same thing in a different coat), or B, the PreSonus Audiobox 22VSL USB 2.0
    Anyone got any opinions on these pleeze ?, before I go screwing it up and buying more rubbish  :D
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I have had experience with the Alesis iO4. It worked ok, but had a plasticky build. I much preferred my Focusrite 2i4. Is that an option? I highly recommend it. 

Never tried the presonus.
    Thanks for the tip, as I said, it`s not for me, it`s for a mate of mine who is trying to record some guitar through his PC, but failing ATM, so i`ll pass all of this on to him and let him get on with it, besides, he`s got a computer, he should be able to find a forum of some sort which deals with this techy type stuff  ;)
    Once again, thanks for all the assistance, cheers, Tam.