EDIT: Another Ibanez NGD

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
edited April 2015 in Guitar
Anyone tried these? Seem very cheap maybe a great platform to mod for those of us who want to dive bomb without Floyd Rose.

Also, one has come up for sale near me but is missing a bar for the Synchronizr bridge seem to be £40 on Ebay! Anywhere cheaper to get one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Looks right up my alley! The bridge is a non top locking version of the one on the S series, pivots on a couple of bearings so is super smooth. Would ideally need locking tuners to make it more stable for extreme trem antics. Rare issues of the bearings wearing, not common I believe. Actually looks to be an entry level Andy Timmons kind of thing. At the right money well worth a look. IMHO of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    £40 seems a bit steep for the trem arm, I'm sure there is a place in the 'States that sells this stuff at reasonable prices, I got some spares for one of my Ss from them. I'll try to dig out their details.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Yeah, this lady is flogging one with a wee ding on the back for £150 but getting an arm at that price you may as well wait for a complete one on Fleabay. Strip it, pup and tuner upgrades and it could be quite a wee machine.
    edited April 2015
    Have a look here - http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Trem_Parts - I think the arm is about $18 and I don't recall the shipping being spiteful. It should be low enough to avoid duty etc. £150 doesn't sound bad as a starting price, factor in the replacement arm at UK cost and the little ding there should be a bit of wiggle there.
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure that's the right one I'm afraid. 

Also, the whole unit $175???
    Surely thats for the whole trem and you just need the trem arm? As a comparrisson look at what some people over here want for a Lo Pro, the ZR is proper engineering. As it's just a pop in arm with a collar on the trem to tighten it can't be madly specific, I thought all of the ZR arms were pretty much the same. Anyhoo, it's rescource that's there if you need it.
    Cheers mate. From what I seen it looks slightly different. I've emailed Hoshino USA to see if they can sort it out, if not I know a dude qho has a few Ibby's but he blocks them off so I'll try some of his bars put to see if there's a right one.
    edited April 2015
    Anytime. The guys at Headstock Distribution are pretty useful too. They answered a few questions for me about the crazy five way switch for HH guitars. Always worth a call or email. If it is a pop in arm you could try the one from the SA.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I've tried the rg440 in pmt a few times and it's bloody great! The pickups are perhaps a little shit but the rest of the guitar is bloody great. If only we got other colours over here then I'd have one.
    I was thinking of stripping the paint off, leaving it natural, replacing thr plate and pups. The bridge is the real lure here for me.
    BTW, turns out the arm is exactly the same as the Edge ones. My mate has an Edge Zero one he doesn't want. Win.
    imageimageimageimageimage
    One little ding on the front which is a bit of a shitter but that Synchronizr trem is bloody awesome! I'm so pleased with it, tuning is so stable even under shoving the bar straight to the body and no locking shite to contend with. I can see me going for another guitar with this system in the future.

Locking tuners, a single sized hum in the neck and new bridge pup plus a black scratchplate I reckon I'll be pretty chuffed.
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    edited April 2015

make the ding into a feature, already looks a bit spacy/constelliationely ( not sure that's a word but it is Sat night ) it looks like stars is what I mean, could be a nice look against the black

looks a bit like the graphics from that old asteroids game

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    What's the neck like on these?  Typical Wizardesque thin thing?

Quite tempted by one, as the idea of an HSS RG with non locking trem is rather appealing.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    Fuzzdog said:
    What's the neck like on these?  Typical Wizardesque thin thing?

Quite tempted by one, as the idea of an HSS RG with non locking trem is rather appealing.
    Exactly a Wizard.   :-)

Yeah, I'm very impressed with it, why don't lots more Ibby's have this bridge????