Rickenbacker stereo bass

I may be asking the bleedin' obvious, but how do you get the stereo sound? Does your guitar lead go into the amps input socket....then the output is split between two speakers?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23924
    You need 2 amps. 1 pickup goes to each amp. Then you can apply fx to each half separately.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    And you need a stereo cable to connect to the guitar, if I recall correctly, and some sort of splitter, which could just be a simple y cable - stereo jack to 2x mono.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    A Y-cable isn't usually ideal - to avoid a ground loop you normally need to lift or partially lift the ground to one side, which is easier to do inside a splitter box. You can buy them online - look up 'Rick-o-Sound kit' - but they tend to be fairly expensive…. although not as much as original Rickenbacker ones!

It doesn't have to be for different effects - the two pickups sound really very different from each other anyway, and if you EQ them differently as well it sounds almost like a doubled bass part. Effect really do expand the range of sounds though - for bass, try fuzz on the bridge pickup and clean on the neck.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson