Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited March 2016
    Not sure if this link will work, but the GigRig have a teaser video from the new Ed O'Brien board, and the Muffroom is there!

edit: feck the link, here's his profile with the vid https://www.facebook.com/daniel.thegigrig?fref=nf
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    Not sure if this link will work, but the GigRig have a teaser video from the new Ed O'Brien board, and the Muffroom is there!

edit: feck the link, here's his profile with the vid https://www.facebook.com/daniel.thegigrig?fref=nf

Beat me to it, apparently the board sounds massive! The board has Stereo outs so the muffroom just creates a wall of sound that is intoxicating!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    That one on the left is well sexy
    tFB Trader
    That one on the left is well sexy

the guitar on screen? I agree.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    Looking forward to hearing the PGS clips on the new stuff.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    tFB Trader
    MrSwanson said:
    Looking forward to hearing the PGS clips on the new stuff.

won't be long now , they are being recorded this week.
  • LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited October 2016
    The_Whisper_Thief;988833" said:
    I've just had a proper 90 minute widdle with the Peacekeeper and it really is a glorious sounding thing. I've got it in the front of my Rockerverb 50 (mkii) into the dirty channel set just on the edge of crunchy. 

It's all about that mid control for me; I like to play on the neck pickup and with the mid control pretty high you get that lovely bell like tone and squishy solo sound. The bass and treble controls let you tweak the tone really easily to get it right where you want it so you can get an almost bridge pup rhythm sound with both pups on and then a scorching solo tone with the neck pup. I can see me having it set up for using on the neck and middle pup selections so it isn't muddy for rhythm and has that top end for the odd solo. Sticking it on the bridge pup it's a little spikey for bashing out chords with the mid control so high, as to be expected, but it would cut a mix brilliantly if you used it as your solo boost on the bridge in this mode. I was using a dual P90 JM6 and it was clear as a spring day but as menacing as a friday night in the town on payday...

Of course, roll the mid control back and you have a lovely flat eq that gives a great smooth tone and turns the pedal into a top class "transparent" booster. The amazing "3D" quality of the pedal is still all over it in this guise and the EQ really comes into its own. With the mid control at a lower level the bass and treble pots still shape things really easily and you'll get a tone with the sturdy knobs pointed in pretty much any direction! I had a bit of woman tone going on that still had a presence and enough sparkle to cut through a mix. With a few quick flicks of the tone dials there's a sweet bluesy tone, even on the bridge pickup, that makes you want to play all those cliche licks with your eyes closed..

There is plenty gain too so don't let the "low gain" label fool you, at just before halfway it's got plenty of grunt already. You could use this easily as a more standard overdrive pedal. I popped on the clean channel and turned the gain up and it is really quite something! It's thick but still sounds like an overdrive and not an all consuming dirt box. After a change of guitars to a humbucker equipped axe of doom it really lets the guitar speak, again transparent is the word we all use and it's spot on here. 

I love it, I'm going to give it a few weeks and I might order another one so I can have one with the mid control most of the way up and another set as a more transparent booster. It's killer, I mean it's zen...oh I don't know, it's just brilliant. I'd say it's the best one from Mr Thorpe yet... the world is a better place with the Peacekeeper! 
    Right on. Nice review:)
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    edited March 2016
    Great video on Andertons now.
    tFB Trader
    ennspek said:
    Great video on Andertons now.
    thanks very much, i didn't know it had dropped.

• ..... I'm going to have to get a Warthog now! Great video and good fun too. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Today's that pedal show is on reverb but there is an appearance by the Peacekeeper.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Today's that pedal show is on reverb but there is an appearance by the Peacekeeper.

yeah, it provides all the drive sounds
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Another excellent demo of the Peacekeeper, this time by Proguitarshop

Stop crying, start buying
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16660
    I chucked a quick cigar box guitar together today and put a cheap P-90 in it pickup was 6.9k so low for a P-90

Put it through my selmer and it sounded pretty thin and twangy.

Added the Gunshot to the mix and it was instantly awesome. I turned up the calibre and it just got fatter and dirtier, but still very controlled. Instant dirty southern rock tones.

I love this pedal, it actually makes my Selmer usable for gain at home volumes and gives so many possible styles, even with a cheap and nasty build.

Tbh this is what makes the pedal good value for money to me. The selmer is a very basic amp that I only normally hear sounding good(at volume) a few times a year. The gunshot makes it versatile. It plays better with it than any other overdrive I have owned. My Klone and TS add a channel maybe, the gunshot adds a lot more than that.
    tFB Trader
    Moss said:
    Another excellent demo of the Peacekeeper, this time by Proguitarshop

so I just got the email that this dropped, how quick off the mark are you people! It's bloody crazy!
    tFB Trader
    And heres another of the Warthog, running more flat out than in the Andertons Video for that tube melting fuzz style distortion.

tFB Trader
    Here is part two of the Gilmourish Videos, very happy with this, Bjorn Is a great player.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Bet Devin Townsend would love the warthog