SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Haar T-Style - SOLD -

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4297
edited June 2015 in Guitars £
Have had lots of Haar's in the past, this T Style is definitely a good one. A match for similar Fender Custom Shop offerings. Spec sheet in the pic's below.

It's approx 6.5lbs, very resonant, feels beautifully balanced. Florance Voodoo's sound amazing.

These are all hand built in house from scratch, and he gets top quality wood to make his guitars.

Compound radius, plekked, and with outstanding fretwork, all make it very very easy playing. You don't need to wrestle this one at all.

Nice light relic, looks even better in the flesh.

The basic formula with these is top quality lightweight wood & great pickups, and they usually deliver the goods. I have a custom Strat on order at the minute, should have been here by now actually.....  :(

£895 delivered.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5078
    edited May 2015
    Have you got a pic of the headstock, looks from the pics like it's not a Tele shape?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4297
    edited May 2015
    Will get a pic up asap. Not quite Tele shape any more, they changed the shape a few years back.

(Edit: Pic now added!)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2909
    Just wow.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Nice
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    very nice. Glad I'm a lefty and thus not tempted

• I'm a bit gormless with the neck measurement ( 10" compound ) ... is that a chunky neck?

Cracking looking guitar. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6233
    tFB Trader
    i wish i could afford this....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • wordywordy Frets: 67
    bloody lovely...
    edited May 2015
    I'm a bit gormless with the neck measurement ( 10" compound ) ... is that a chunky neck?

Cracking looking guitar. 
    That's the radius (curvature of the fretboard). It goes from an 8 inch near the nut, so feels nice and comfortable for chording down there, then flattens off to a 10 inch radius higher up the fretboard to make the widdly stuff and bending easier. Sort of best of both worlds.

It's not something you really notice as such, or at least I don't. You just think 'wow, what a lovely playing guitar'  :)

Neck thickness on this is very Medium. Feels like a nice handful, I guarantee would suit most people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks a lot for explaining Cloud9 (Steve?). I should really have known what it meant, I had a Les Paul Elegant 15 years ago that had the same sort of thing going on...and it was very noticeable on that guitar...in a very positive way.  Do I get a point for the first halfwitted question of the thread??  :))

Continued good fortune with your sale bud. 

• Got any shots of the back, and the neck? 

Sure thing man, pic's below. It's actually really hard to capture the relicing, but it really does look like an old guitar, moreso than the pictures suggest. There is fine lacquer checking that you can't see in pic's. It's all very well done.

The back of the neck is really smooth nitro finish, definitely no stickiness at all. The grain is arrow straight all the way along as you can see in the pic's. 100% quartersawn.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you kindly Bud. That is one handsome guitar.

Sadly no scatter this end, and only an amp to trade ( remember that Emery Sounds Microbaby?) So I'll stop bothering you, and let you get on with your sale. 
    b-(
    Very tempting little amp, have always fancied one, but might have to leave it for the minute I think... Thanks for the offer anyway man!  :)

• No problem at all Steve, hope you find this lovely guitar a new owner in short order. I personally think it's irresistible quality at the price, sadly it's come at the wrong time.

Continued best wishes Pal.  
    Bump for tasty T-Style.
  • BGGBGG Frets: 690
    Bloody lovely that ... I need to shift some gear !!
    #thebatesmotelband
    Bump. £895 delivered.

You could not buy a better Tele for double that. :)
    This one is now gone.

But another great Haar in the classifieds shortly! Due to insane GAS these last few weeks, something else has to go.....    :(
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Do tell????
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."