AB2014 HB TE-30 Esquire conversion

ab2014ab2014 Frets: 89
edited May 2015 in Making & Modding
Managed to get the Guitar as a b-stock from Thomann. Minus vouchers it cost me about £25-30.

Loved the white finish stock. Only thing remaining to do is a Custom Decal and possibly gold tuners and gold straplock buttons when required.

B-stock had 3 minor dings and a wood smear near the control plate. Intonation was out and it needed a truss rod adjustment after upping string gauge.

Replaced the Bridge for a compensated saddle bridge, s/h Pickup, Wiring, Hardware and knobs, scratchplate, Performed setup and minor fret polish. Reshaped headstock.
Total cost was about £130. Full breakdown to come.

Very resonant and the neck is pretty round which is nice.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    That's beautiful!
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 508
    I like the colour, what is it, the colour, I know the guitar is a Telecaster, but what is the colour called.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    I'm thinking about doing something very similar - did you need to mod the pick guard much or did a regular Fender (or clone fit)?

Thanks
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ab2014ab2014 Frets: 89
    Not much mod on the pick guard just a little shaving around the pocket area of the plate. White Blonde is the colour.
  • @ab2014 First time i've seen this since we conversed on here a while back about my HB tele. Looks like you did an excellent job. I'd love to do another one just like this, an esquire type tele. I only ever use the bridge pickup anyways.

Nice work mate. Enjoy the guitar. Have a WOW.