Harley Benton TE-20

It's arrived - a black TE-20. Wanted the cheapest I could find anywhere, no veneered top and, with the help of a free postage code, it was under £50 delivered (and came with a cheap free cable, and basic tools). It's acoustically very resonant, after a quick basic setup plays better, the body and neck are good, frets are pretty decent and the finish has a few minor flaws but is acceptably good. Pleased with it as a base - it's ideal. Not really plugged it in as too late but it does work! Sounds like a Tele too. I'll do a baseline video demo to give y'all an idea and when I have done some work will do another with any mods. Brian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wrxmaniawrxmania Frets: 0
    I'll add some pics when on a computer - phone won't let me use that option for some reason...
  • ab2014ab2014 Frets: 89
    What's the free postage code ?
    edited June 2015
    Sorry - it wasn't a generic code, it was specific to my account and was one use.

Thanks to some discussion with Thomann over a few flaws, I now have received another 20% off the guitar, so it's rapidly becoming bargain of the century!
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    Hey @wrxmania  - once you have plugged it in and played it can you give us a quick lowdown, and if you are feeling especially generous could you weigh it please?

reason being is that i was thinking of getting a Tele as a travel guitar and for less than £50 I might join in the fun - just need one that's not too heavy for the suitcase :)

ta v much
    No problem. I plan to do a quick video as soon as I can get a run at it (but working every day and gigging/shows me out of the house from 7am to 11pm every night until next week