Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    Teetonetal said: It does make me wonder what else L6 have up their sleeve :)
    LOTS. Helix is a long burn though; don't expect more nuttiness overnight.
    Pokemon Go app?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Dithering over - Helix ordered :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    John_A said:
    Dithering over - Helix ordered :)
    Good lad... Now you must go through the initiation 

I'll get the gloves....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I'll get the bucket of soapy frogs
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    John_A said:
    Dithering over - Helix ordered
    Good lad... Now you must go through the initiation 

I'll get the gloves....

I'll fetch the talcum powder and the spatula. 
    If I knew this was going to happen I'd have got one sooner ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Quite apart from the exquisite pleasure of the initiation, it is a purchase you won't regret. Update to 2.00 before playing a note though. It's made a big difference. Through necessity I rehearsed with mine into the front of a Marshall valve state thing last night; the boogie mk iv clean and soldano crunch models were absolutely immense.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24250
    I tried the Snapshots tonight.

apart from a bit when I couldn't work out how to save parameter changes rather than block changes it is working well.

You just change them? (apart from if it assigned to an external controller in which case no can do
    Pushing in the control button before turning it. Otherwise, for example, amp drive on the same model stays the same on all snapshots using that amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2392
    So are you guys who are using the modelling features through an existing amp/power-amp using the Helix pre-amps or the Helix amps? Don't they both do the same thing in this case....?
    Amps, no cab models into external power amp and a guitar (or bass) cab.
    FarleyUK said:
    So are you guys who are using the modelling features through an existing amp/power-amp using the Helix pre-amps or the Helix amps? Don't they both do the same thing in this case....?

Amps.

Some of the clean and high gain preamps do work quite well but non-master volume amps, like the plexi, lose the power amp distortion which is 99% of the sound that you're after so you'd be as well using the full amp
    Anyone found a decent case for the Helix at a sensible price?  Looking at the Kinsman Ultima which appears to be 4mm too short as does anything else I look at.  
    John_A said:
    Anyone found a decent case for the Helix at a sensible price?  Looking at the Kinsman Ultima which appears to be 4mm too short as does anything else I look at.  
    As in a flight case or a soft case and do you want it to live in it while playing or to take it out and sit it on the floor?
    edited July 2016

Ideally a hard case, but it doesn't heed to be heavy duty, looking at the measurements my Pedaltrain PT-1 case may do the trick for now.  Ideally it wont be in the case whilst on the floor unless it's a very good fit, the places we play are generally tight on space and I'm hoping I don't need any additional pedals although I'm not sure what's going to replace my MI Crunch Box. 

The first stage of my 'plan' is to use the Helix to reproduce my pedalboard, phase-2 will be to replace my amp as well.

Haven't really thought about what next, but I'm sure by the time I've reproduced my current set-up I'll have used about 10% of the Helix's potential

John_A said:

Ideally a hard case, but it doesn't heed to be heavy duty, looking at the measurements my Pedaltrain PT-1 case may do the trick for now.  Ideally it wont be in the case whilst on the floor unless it's a very good fit, the places we play are generally tight on space and I'm hoping I don't need any additional pedals although I'm not sure what's going to replace my MI Crunch Box. 

The first stage of my 'plan' is to use the Helix to reproduce my pedalboard, phase-2 will be to replace my amp as well.

Haven't really thought about what next, but I'm sure by the time I've reproduced my current set-up I'll have used about 10% of the Helix's potential

Swan Flightcases do a case for the Helix. They also do a pedalboard style one that mess it would stick to the base. I got a larger version as I wanted some pedals beside it

http://www.swanflight.com/line-6-helix-guitar-pedal-flightcase.html
    Thanks @Johnonguitar it's annoying that the standard pedal case which looks the same but bigger is cheaper, but still looks like an option, the Mono gigbag looks good too.  The Helix should be here any time now, the UPS bloke normally gets here around 12:30 :)  I'll try it in my pedaltrain case and take it from there.
    I use a novo 32 board and a mono bag
    its heavy but that's what bass players are for
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well it's arrived and unboxed :)  Bigger and heavier than I imagined, but fits my PT-1 case perfectly.  Just got to figure out how to use it!  From what I can gather a single snapshot should replace my entire rig suppose I'm going to have to upgrade to V 2.0 and RTFM