SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD! Hammond Organ

What's Hot
Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
edited January 2018 in Misc £
Model L100, built in 1964.
All valve electronics, proper tone wheel generators.
I believe it's the same model as Thijs van Leer used with Focus in the early days.
I am the second owner and have had it for approx 12 years. In that time it has been kept at my place (although I've moved house twice since buying it) and has been serviced 3 or 4 times which is OK for light usage. While in my care it has required replacement of the big oil-filled motor-run capacitor, the reverb tray, and one of the chokes in the power supply. During the last house move it suffered a broken key on the lower manual. I am getting a replacement and intend to fit it before selling. Apart from that its condition is "well-used", as it had weekly usage in a church for at least 2 decades before being put to one side and then sold on to me. The drawbars strike me as being a bit worn, but they do work, as do all the tabs.

£90 ovno, buyer collects. Can deliver locally on condition that you will help me load it into my van, and I will have to bump the sale price by the cost of petrol

EDIT#1: price no longer applies, make me an offer, even if it's just a pint. No longer able to deliver (not the right wagon for it).
Getting to the point where I need the space it occupies more than a few tens of quid for selling, but I'd still like it to go to a good home. I have a spare key for the lower manual, and instructions for fitting.

EDIT#2: dimensions 580mm deep (+ player's seat) and 1100mm long

EDIT#3 Sold to @Stuckfast who made me a decent offer, turned up when he said he would, with a mate, and the 3 of us loaded it into his van without any trouble.
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Buyer collects from where?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Dodge said:
    Buyer collects from where?
    Good question. 10 miles north of Bury St Edmunds
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Royston Vasey.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    How much to deliver to London, up three flights of narrow stairs and then explain to my girlfriend why I inexplicably want it so badly?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    How much to deliver to London, up three flights of narrow stairs and then explain to my girlfriend why I inexplicably want it so badly?
    For the delivery: ask some professional movers.
    Ref the gf: If she needs an explanation then she'll never understand. Me, I can quite understand why such a piece of kit would be considered desirable :)
    I found this pic, taken about 5 years ago in my previous house

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/musophilr/HammondL100_zpsauaguk1p.jpg
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549

In case anybody is wondering, add a Leslie, and [insert deity of choice] speaks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGQb8Ye5J8

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

As promised the replacement key has arrived, only cost me a fiver. However, seeing this tells me its a fair bit of work to replace it.
  • Would anyone consider a trade + cash adjustment for a 2-speed Leslie?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7402
    Nomad said:

In case anybody is wondering, add a Leslie, and [insert deity of choice] speaks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGQb8Ye5J8

That's made me want to learn keyboard...
    Red ones are better. 
  • Bump. Please see edits to original description.
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    If someone doesn't take it from here, you'll surely get your original asking price (maybe more) from the Bay ......
    Used to have an A100 with 145 leslie, still keep my eyes open for another but like you, space is at a premium :)
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    I know some organ heads that might be into this
  • I need a bigger house! 
  • I need a bigger house! 
    I know the feeling mate! tbh, they're not that big, but I've got two. One where I want it is fine, another one where it's in the way is a bit of a fag. They are 580mm deep (+ player's seat) and 1100mm long. They are very heavy however.

@bbill335 PM me if you find someone who's interested :)
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Ooh, tempting, and local (ish). Let me see if we have space for it.

Would a van be needed to pick it up, or can you get it in a hatchback with the seats folded down?
  • @Stuckfast the height dimension is 920mm. You might get it into a hatchback if you put the rear seats down, and lay the organ on its back when you slide it in. You should ideally bring someone with you as I could see it taking 3 of us to load it into the wagon.