New old pedal - modded GE-7

What's Hot
markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
After some advice off here I got my Boss GE-7 modded by Pedal Mods UK and I'm very impressed. I always found it a very useful pedal but the noise meant it's days were numbered. Pedal Mods have transformed it, it's now quite as, even pushed really hard. Not sure why boss don't make em like that.

Great service, and fast turn around.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Interestingly I just acquired an old Made In Japan GE-7 a couple of days ago, and just as I was about to change the chips as a matter of course I stopped and thought… hang on… maybe I should see how noisy it is first, so I can compare it to afterwards.

The really odd thing is that it isn't very noisy at all! So I've left it alone, at least for now.

I really don't know why Boss make them noisy now either, but perhaps they didn't always...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @ICBM - mines a made in Taiwan version, so maybe that makes a difference?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    The last one I had was Japanese too, and it was noisy as hell. This one is a pretty early one though - the other one was later. I can't see any particular reason it should be less noisy though, it seems to have the same chips as the others… the mystery deepens!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    Sniper mod quietens them down a lot, op amp swap and a few caps,works wonders
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I've got an old GE-7 and it's only noisy if you really push the level slider way past unity.