SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone: G&L ASAT Special

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
edited December 2013 in Guitars £ tFB Trader
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/monquixote/IMG_20130714_171641_zps543a5164.jpg

Brilliant guitar this, but I've got a real hankering for something with buckers and a trem.
For those not familiar with ASATs this is a high end USA made guitar from Leo Fenders post Fender Company featuring his own mods to the Tele design. Often compared with Fender Custom Shop in build quality.

The main things to note are the massive MFD pickups which are quite unique sounding. Very hot, very twangy and something like a Tele/Jazzmaster hybrid. They are huge, but still very single coil sounding if you know what I mean.

G&Ls are semi custom shop and come with a lot of options. This one has an alder body, a chunkyish (but not a total baseball bat) maple neck which has a custom "gun oil" stain (note it isn't an oil finish). It has a 7" radius, but has big fret wire so it's very bendy and doesn't feel "vintage" to play. It also has the very cool high mass G&L bridge which locks the saddles when setup so it's really solid and full of sustain.

I believe it's an 04, but it's very hard to tell due to the non sequential nature of G&L serial numbers. It has a 4 bolt neck so it can't be much older than that. 

It has a couple of little paint dings on the body which I can photo, but other than that it's very tidy and plays like an absolute charm.

It comes with this very high quality gig bag like this:

For a cash sale I'd take £600 NOW £550! and I'm prepared to drive to meet people.

What I'd really like is a trade for lower end PRS like a Mira or a CE22. Especially if it was a bit bashed and in a solid colour. I can sweeten with some cash if required. However I'm open to other guitar/amp/fx trades, so just try me.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments