SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

fs

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
edited September 2015 in FX £

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• m1ck1970m1ck1970 Frets: 53
    Hi how does the smart clock work with the triple delay?
    Best regards
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    m1ck1970 said:
    Hi how does the smart clock work with the triple delay?
    Best regards
    Heya mate. It basically generates it's own midi clock. The triple delay has this issue where any bypassed delays do not respond to tap tempo. But if you clock the pedal via midi, then all delays will sync with each other all the time. That's what I was using the SmartClock for. You basically plug the midi output into the Triple Delay, and tap the tempo on the SmartClock. Job done. It has it's own presets too, but I never used it for that.

That's just one of it's uses mind you. It's quite a cool pedal if you want to sync a bunch of different gear to the same clock. And it has a BPM read-out which a lot of pedals don't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hi many thanks for the info - just so I fully understand if I have 3 separate delays all active on the triple delay ie not bypassed then the tap tempo on the triple will do the job? But if you have one or two delays bypassed it only works on the one actually in use?
    (Sorry I'm new the guitar effects etc)
    Best regards Michael.
    m1ck1970 said:
    Hi many thanks for the info - just so I fully understand if I have 3 separate delays all active on the triple delay ie not bypassed then the tap tempo on the triple will do the job? But if you have one or two delays bypassed it only works on the one actually in use?
    (Sorry I'm new the guitar effects etc)
    Best regards Michael.
    It's more like this:

You've got the 1st delay on the Triple active. You tap the tempo. All good. Working fine.
    You then activate the 2nd delay and carry on playing. The 2nd delay will be completely out of time with the 1st. So you re-tap the tempo.
    You then activate the 3rd delay and carry on playing. Same thing, it's out of time... so you re-tap the tempo.
    Now all three delays are in sync. You turn the 1st one off and on again. Now the 1st one is out of time with the others, because the stored tempo is not the same as the currently tapped one.

It's really annoying, and TC Electronic wont fix it for some reason.
    Hi many thanks for the explanation, I have the triple delay and have noticed what you describe. How's does the disaster midi clock fix this problem?
    Best regards Michael.
    edited July 2015
    m1ck1970 said:
    Hi many thanks for the explanation, I have the triple delay and have noticed what you describe. How's does the disaster midi clock fix this problem?
    Best regards Michael.
    It clocks the Triple Delay using external midi clock instead of the TC's internal clock. It's that simple. You connect the SmartClock to the Triple Delay using a midi cable, and that's it. You can activate any delay, and it will be in sync with all the others, and the tap tempo comes from the SmartClock pedal itself.
    Bump.
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Pm'd ref Boo.
    Boo 808 clone sold.
    bump.
    Offers and trades considered! Not really using any of this stuff.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I would love that smart clock but just don't have the use right now. Having no delay pedal haha. It's a great utility pedal to have

Glwts
    Cheers mate!
    Bump.
  • ChairsChairs Frets: 52
    edited May 2018
    I’m retroactively amending all my comments for privacy’s sake. I know they’re cached in places, but this is still a best attempts effort. Mods - if any rules have been broken, please revert this post.
    I've been around since MusicRadar as Schpudd. Current feedback here. Or eBay feedback on request.
  • ChairsChairs Frets: 52
    edited May 2018
    I’m retroactively amending all my comments for privacy’s sake. I know they’re cached in places, but this is still a best attempts effort. Mods - if any rules have been broken, please revert this post.
    I've been around since MusicRadar as Schpudd. Current feedback here. Or eBay feedback on request.
    Bump.
    bump
    bump.
    bump