Bargain ooze - broken shop signs

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6136
edited July 2015 in Off Topic
One of the great examples of where a shop's sign (Bargain Booze) has been damaged and not repaired. This one was in Cheadle.

My wife spotted another one yesterday for Cost Cutters  's  Cutters'  which is quite brilliant.

Anyone encountered any similar humorous busted shop sign?
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

There used to be a pizza joint in Durham called "Beni's" that had a running campaign against vandals who would break it to look like "penis" within days of each repair. When interviewed about the issue for the student paper the owner said that it had to be students doing it because the locals wouldn't have thought to remove the apostrophe.

20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    No, not busted ones, but there are a few shopkeepers with a sense of humour, eg

• the sandwich shop in the Kings Cross area called "Sam Widges"
    • the bargain store in Maidenhead High Street called "Kin Cheap"

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    I was walking past a block of flats yesterday, "Tithe Court". Someone had very obviously removed the "he" to rename it.

Similarly, Reiverside Drive will always be known to me and my friends as "ersid Riv" after the management company took about ten years to replace the missing letters.
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    "Priceless hoes" rather than "priceless shoes" in Consett
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    "Share and enjoy" (strapline of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation), after it had sunk into the ground by half its height under its own weight, said "Go stick your head in a pig"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited July 2015
    Double post :/
  • scrumhalf" said:
    I was walking past a block of flats yesterday, "Tithe Court". Someone had very obviously removed the "he" to rename it.

That'll explain why no new roads are called "Tithe Walk" :)) A shop for Aerosmith fans! http://www.shophorror.co.uk/pages/20.html
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    There's a hairdressers in Sandy called Tops Spot, with no gap between the two words. Someone removed the first R about a year ago.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Daltons Scrap = tons crap

Gas Discount Centre = Gas Disco

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    edited July 2015
    Grigor Drive in Inverness is missing its 'G'. I suspect all the doors on that street have Mortis locks.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
    Not that funny, but the letters have been dropping off the sign outside the dry cleaner's near where I work, and for a time before it just became illegible, it looked the place was the surgery of a certain "Dr. Leaner."
  • Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
    On the other hand, Preston is famous for being the site of the viral picture of the sign outside our Morrisons. where the light in the middle section of the sign had failed, simply leaving the word "Mor   ons".
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Morrisons in Brentford high street had some of the sign unlit when it first opened. It's been known as Morons by the locals ever since.

There's also a shop in Southend, opposite the Riga Bar, that should have a sign that says Essex Furniture, but it's been Sex Furniture for as long as I can remember.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    I love that richard III camping shop where it says 'now is the winter of our discount tents'
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15967

COCKSUCKERS 'R' US

should read

COCKSUCKERS ARE US

Soho shop

tae be or not tae be
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    A curry house opened near us, but the sign was mis-spelt - it isn't funny or anything, but we still call the place by the mis-spelt name:  "Balti Eessence".

In Leicester there used to be an off licence called "Belvoir Liquors".  You have to know how to pronounce Belvoir for that one to work... ;)
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15967
    edited July 2015
    we have a weiner Stu
    tae be or not tae be
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @Rox

I used to Live there and that is proper funny.
    I still remember spending hours wandering around Charles St. Looking for the street where I had been directed before I realised it WAS the right street.

Btw - is 'The Attic' still going ?
    I got arrested In summer '91 for sitting on the top tier of the water fountain I'm just my boxer shorts after a night in there.

Happy memories !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • themeinsidethemeinside Frets: 218
    I think it was East Molsey... A flower shop called 'The Butt__ Hole' xD