Bargain ooze - broken shop signs

What's Hot

Comments

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    @Alnico - in '91 I'd have been working in Dillons - just round the corner from the fountain.  :D

No idea if the Attic is still going - used to go to The Charlotte a lot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    I saw an interview with Shanie Richie where he claimed that once he was starring in a show with Samantha Janus and someone pulled the letters off the sign on the theatre so it said "Starring ichie anus"

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    themeinside;722096" said:
    I think it was East Molsey... A flower shop called 'The Butt__ Hole' xD
    Reminds me of a guy I worked with. He started a flower shop called Florist Gump
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Not a shop sign, but there's a place up the A1 in Northumberland called Shilbottle, and the local youths, presumably, change the first l to a t, on the roadsigns, so it says Shitbottle.

Still cracks me up, years after I first saw it.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    At my local swimming pool the changing rooms have pull down change tables called "Sturdy Station" and on every single one someone has tipexed it out to say "Turd Station"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixote said:
    I saw an interview with Shanie Richie where he claimed that once he was starring in a show with Samantha Janus and someone pulled the letters off the sign on the theatre so it said "Starring ichie anus"
    I saw Grease in the mid-90s at The Dominion (later where We Will Rock You was). Them two were Danny & Sandy.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    There's a village near is called APSE HEATH, the P on the village roadsign regularly gets chamged to an R, we now just call it ARSE HEATH...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    monquixote;722235" said:
    At my local swimming pool the changing rooms have pull down change tables called "Sturdy Station" and on every single one someone has tipexed it out to say "Turd Station"
    Dogpool Lane in Selly Oak often suffers from some similar deft Tippexing.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22715

Shane Richie likes a pun.  He once lived in a stately home which he named "Firkew Hall".  Subsequently changed to "The Manor" following complaints from his neighbours.

Anyway..... not a broken sign, but this is a shop in my neighbourhood:

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited July 2015
    usedtobe said:
    Not a shop sign, but there's a place up the A1 in Northumberland called Shilbottle, and the local youths, presumably, change the first l to a t, on the roadsigns, so it says Shitbottle.

Stewart Lee did about twenty minutes on this once :D

He also pondered moving to Crapstone in Devon, for the sole purpose of starting up a poor quality masonry business.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22715
    A gentle one.... near where my brother lives there's a residential road full of those modest little bungalows elderly people used to buy for a nice quiet retirement.  

It's called Golden Riddy, but the signs are nearly always changed to say Old Biddy.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16650
    Any one been Barmouth?

You park in the car park right next to the Good Luck Chinese, then wander up to the Carousel Cafe, which is missing the first C
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Up until last year I worked in a rickety old building, which for man years had  ADVICE CENTRE  in large letters across the front.  In a storm some time ago the D fell off, leaving us with  A VICE CENTRE.    We quite liked that.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    Slighly different but similar themes I guess...

There was a Clairvoyant near Wolverhampton, operating from a row of shops. Walked past it one day, and there was a hand written sign above the closed sign, which read;

"... Closed due to unforeseen circumstances..."

Quality.

• SargeSarge Frets: 2376
    Mega cuts hairdressers, but the 'U' had a scissor cut at the bottom to form an 'L' and 'i'

And who can forget the sign on the A1 for Shilbottle where someone has crossed the 'L' to form a 't', priceless.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31503
    WezV;722402" said:
    I pass there frequently, and judging by the spelling it never did say Carousel.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6096
    edited July 2015
    I know it's childish but I always smile when I see someone has altered a classic 'To Let' sign to ToiLet :)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    A village near to where me and @LittleGreenMan grew up is called ....

LUNT

Doesn't take much to work out what the locals do with it.
    :)
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Bucket;722375" said:
    usedtobe said:

Stewart Lee did about twenty minutes on this once :D

He also pondered moving to Crapstone in Devon, for the sole purpose of starting up a poor quality masonry business.
    I'll have to check that out. Cheers!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.