This is now JB008 - a friend said "Can you make a semi acoustic that will fit in a cabin bag?"

What's Hot
I started this from odd bits of timber that were lying around to try out some techniques and sequences for a future build. Made some cock ups and I wasn't even going to finish it. 

Then I did a bit here, and a bit there -  now its very cute and I have to try to avoid rushing the final stages,  Body made from 5 pieces of mainly scrap timber and routed from solid - top is 3mm ply with a flame sycamore veneer. ( In the next one, the "f" holes will be a stylised "J" and "b").  The back is veneered in black dyed tulipwood and the headstock matches front and back. 

Volume and tone controls for the passive piezo are in the sound holes (tested - it works).

"Just" need to carve the bridge and nut, fret the neck and do an oil finish.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Love it! More updates please!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Me too and yes please ^^^^^^
  • JohnBJohnB Frets: 121
    edited August 2015
    Got the frets in today - and a couple of other jobs done 

• JohnBJohnB Frets: 121
    Fret ends tidied, nut and bridge made, did a final dry assembly before dressing the frets and oil finish.  It all plays ok and intonation is good (always a worry, even though I try to work to 0.5mm when cutting the fret slots by hand). Tone is a bit "Uke like" but the body is very small - amplified sound isnt good at all (cheap piezo glued inside the top), but I did design the electrics to be modified post build if necessary.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Would love to see a video of this