Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Thomann again - sending out used goods as new. Second time it has happened to me!

What's Hot
Got a pickguard assembly, sold as new.

Clearly been opened, springs are all over the box, some pickups are installed with no springs, the wiring is all opened up.  Images are here if anyone wants to look http://imgur.com/a/GdjKs

For crying out loud why do I bother.  This is the second time they've sent me used goods as new - last year they sent me a PRS bridge as new when it clearly had been installed on a guitar.  They then claimed it had been used in testing (who the hell tests a replacement bridge in a way that damages it?).  If this is their quality control team in action again I dread to think what their health and safety team does for risk assessment.

Ironically by the time I send it back and get a replacement I could've probably had a UK stockist get hold of the gear for me (none of the shops I use had the stuff in stock when I checked).

Also another item got damaged in transit (5 way switch with bent pins).  So far bloody disappointing.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    ...they are probably trying to break you of your dirty EMG habit...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    57Deluxe said:
    ...they are probably trying to break you of your dirty EMG habit...
    You're an idiot.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Man that sucks. I bought a Jet City head from them with no issues at all, but to get two instances of them sending you what is clearly second hand stuff is just gash..
  • They sent me a second hand keyboard stand, but when I contacted them they admitted their mistake and refunded me almost half of the price.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They sent me a second hand keyboard stand, but when I contacted them they admitted their mistake and refunded me almost half of the price.
    When I notified them about my PRS bridge they offered me €30 euros to keep it, the bridge cost €255.

See in one respect that sounds OK but if it was second hand by the time they paid return shipping and relisted it as second hand it probably would have cost them more.  You ordered a new one and if you wanted a used stand could possibly picked one up cheaper on EBay. 

Repeatedly sending out second hand goods as new it unacceptable.

I appreciate that standard fair is for some idiot to tell OP that he "Shouldn't  have been a cheap skate...blah, blah, blah... You get what you pay for!.. blah, blah, blah... This is why I only buy stuff from *insert shop name*!" <- So that's me getting that out of the way. 

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well I didn't get what I paid for.  I paid for new and got second hand!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Again!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well I didn't get what I paid for.  I paid for new and got second hand!
    Dude, that kind of logic doesn't always matter for some.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited September 2015
    They've offered me €25 to keep it, item is €218.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Tell em to foook offf!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2349
    That sucks. I've had one or two instances of them sending me out questionable quality stuff, too.
    Personally, I'm not going back to Thomann after the Neo saga.
    What's the Neo saga?
  • Basically @randomhandclaps went to a pub and bought a steak for a £10r, then complained it wasn't as good as a steak that cost £20.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm returning them.

For €25 I don't fancy being their QC. The pickups have been returned for some reason and have clearly not been checked by Thomann. They may well work fine but I'm not gambling having to spend my evening potentially trouble shooting if there's something up with them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Basically @randomhandclaps went to a pub and bought a steak for a £10r, then complained it wasn't as good as a steak that cost £20.
    That did make me laugh.  Although it's slightly inaccurate as the £10 steak had clearly been previously dropped on a hairy carpet and someone had chewed a couple of chunks out of it.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    What a shame.
    They have a great system to recycle "B Stock" but it seems to be letting them down.

Let's hope they fix it quickly because the only reason that people will consider buying cheap products from Europe, and buying them unseen, is because Thomann are perceived as reliable and trustworthy.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2349
    Yeah.

It also makes you wonder what condition the B-Stock stuff is in if that doesn't qualify.
  • Dave_Mc said:
    Yeah.

It also makes you wonder what condition the B-Stock stuff is in if that doesn't qualify.
    I don't think they are too bothered as they seem happy to let their customers do the quality control side of the job.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1075
    Dave_Mc said:
    Yeah.

I had a B-stock Dean Zelinsky Private Label Tagliare - Z Glide a while ago,it went stright back...you can see the pics and info on it HERE

guitarfishbay if this was me getting stuffed a 2nd time I take some pics and blow them over Thomann's twitter/FB feeds,nothing get companys asses into gear these days like bad social media feedback.