Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

"So Much Guardian" on Twitter

What's Hot
Just found this.

It's cool to rant and rave about the Daily Mail, and yes they're a bunch of dickheads, but the Guardian aren't that much better really are they?

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    That is brilliant
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207

I get "shamed" for sweating. If somebody doesn't like something about you these days, they're "shaming" you. How to be a victim 101.

Good find.
    My V key is broken
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I've Met Owen Jones - he's one of these people you take an instant dislike to and what to punch in the face.

The Guardian is worse than the Daily Mail (I read it everyday). The Guardian thinks it's a serious newspaper ... it reality it pedals dodgy ideals and half-baked ideas under the gloss of a divisive politically correct narrative .. half the journalists are wealthy middle class urbanites living in London, sipping their tax dodging US company made lattes served by staff on zereo hours contracts while typing up their stories on an Apple Mac, made in a sweat shop in China, and they can't see the irony. I bet half of them vote Tory.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24262
    edited September 2015
    Bucket said:
    Just found this.

It's cool to rant and rave about the Daily Mail, and yes they're a bunch of dickheads, but the Guardian aren't that much better really are they?

People don't rant and rave about the Daily Mail because it's "cool".  They do it because the DM is a vile publication spewing forth hatred, intolerance, xenophobia and fear.  The Grauniad may be a bit bonkers on times but to answer your question, Yes, they are much better than the Daily Mail.  The Guardian has won countless international awards for the quality of its journalism and journalists, the Daily Mail probably won something from the British Union of Fascists once up a time and a Jim'll Fuck It badge.

That Twitter page reads like one of those sad sites where people under attack for holding minority views, like creationists or homophobes gather to make lame jokes about the opposition.  Lame, not because they're attacking the opposition but lame because from a comedy perspective, they're just embarrassingly shit.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 23reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    Bucket said:
    Just found this.

People don't rant and rave about the Daily Mail because it's "cool".  They do it because the DM is a vile publication spewing forth hatred, intolerance, xenophobia and fear.  The Grauniad may be a bit bonkers on times but to answer your question, Yes, they are much better than the Daily Mail.  The Guardian has won countless international awards for the quality of its journalism and journalists, the Daily Mail probably won something from the British Union of Fascists once up a time and a Jim'll Fuck It badge.

That Twitter page reads like one of those sad sites where people under attack for holding minority views, like creationists or homophobes gather to make lame jokes about the opposition.  Lame, not because they're attacking the opposition but lame because from a comedy perspective, they're just embarrassingly shit.
    Go on the Daily Mail site and find me a hate-filled story. Just one. The paper is right wing especially the online version as ,ore yanks read it than Brits.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    holnrew said:
    I get "shamed" for sweating. If somebody doesn't like something about you these days, they're "shaming" you. How to be a victim 101.

Good find.
    Playing the victim seems to be a speciality of lots of these columnists, I find it so infuriating to read.

Jessica Valenti is the worst... utterly loathsome woman. People like her are the reason feminists get the piss ripped out of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited September 2015
    Bucket said:
    Jessica Valenti is the worst... utterly loathsome woman. People like her are used as an excuse to rip the piss out of feminists

FTFY

Guardian/Mail/Who's best/Who cares/Let Fretwired decide as he's a journo and therefore professionally impartial/As I said Who Cares

The Daily Mail tells you what to think (mostly Gah!!!! Wasp|Paedo|communist|immigrant - stuff to really excite the broken biscuits of society)

The Guardian "shows" you how it thinks people should think (and it's dishonest at that too - but a  borderline personality won't notice)

They'll both fuck you up, they're both crazy making.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    This is also brilliant. Vice headline generator:
    http://vice.ddly.co/
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    All news is bullshit. It's literally just a countdown of the top 20 worst things that happened in the world in the last 24 hours, and a bit of sport. You can safely ignore it all and feel much happier in your day to day life. Face it: the likes of you and I are powerless to affect any of it, we are just horrified bystanders to the car crash that is modern life
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    This is also brilliant. Vice headline generator:
    http://vice.ddly.co/
    Very first result:

WE FILMED RICKY GERVAIS AND A JEWISH HIPSTER FELLATING EACH OTHER

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    frankus said:
    Bucket said:
    Jessica Valenti is the worst... utterly loathsome woman. People like her are used as an excuse to rip the piss out of feminists

FTFY

Guardian/Mail/Who's best/Who cares/Let Fretwired decide as he's a journo and therefore professionally impartial/As I said Who Cares

The Daily Mail tells you what to think (mostly Gah!!!! Wasp|Paedo|communist|immigrant - stuff to really excite the broken biscuits of society)

The Guardian "shows" you how it thinks people should think (and it's dishonest at that too - but a  borderline personality won't notice)

They'll both fuck you up, they're both crazy making.

@frankus .. you're basically right. People tend to read papers that support their view - the Mail taps into the lowest common denominator. The interesting thing with the Mail is the lurch to the right into UKIP territory and attacking the Tories and Labour - it was the Mail that took Ashcroft's anti-Cameron book and serialised it. So an article saying 'no more migrants' makes sense to one person and is a hate filled rant to another. The mail attacking a woman who has 10 kids and claims zillions of pounds in benefits makes sense to some people but is seen at hate filled by those on the left who think there should be no limits on benefits.

I get paid to read and comment on some of this shit ...

In fairness to the Guardian their news coverage is good and that's what they've won awards for and some of their campaigns - the US edition recently won an award for coverage on the migrant crisis in Europe. However, I find some of their blogs and comments, especially the anti-white men rants 'hate filled'. And that's deliberate - in this social media age click bait is great as there's no such thing as bad publicity unless you're VW.

edited September 2015
    *double post*
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The Daily Mail was the newspaper that accused the Stephen Lawrence killers and campaigned to bring them to justice when no other newspaper would touch it. It is extremely professional in its production and edition (unlike the Guardian which is laughable). It is a lower middle class newspapers, the Sun for housewives to embarrassed to buy The Sun. It's views echo the sort of dull, hardworking, taxpaying people who are a significant demographic in the UK.

Personally I find it too low brow and Christian for my liking but it's readership are certainly more likely to contribute to society than take for it and dismissing them is something no UK politician can afford to do of he wants to get elected.

The Guardian's readership is very small and very loud due to its undue influence on the BBC. Outside of the public sector it is so small as to be an irrelevance. It religiously sticks to every totem bigotry of the left (anti semantic, pro feminazi ect). People buy it because they feel pious and superior (in am egalitarian way) to others and it becomes a badge of their publicly displayed "compassion". Unlike the Daily Mail it wields no real influence in the real world. Some of the people who write for it are also a wee bit thick. It has nothing like the quality, gravitas, depth of analysis or quality of writing of any of the other broadsheets and is just a left wing mirror image of the daily mail.
    8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Valenti is the proto-typical feminist of our age. If you don't like her, you don't like feminism.
  • ...and the comedian of the Daily Mail...

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24262
    Evilmags said:
    The Daily Mail <snip>..... It is extremely professional in its production and edition.
    You need to up your dosage.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    I don't read either with any regularity and tend to take it all with a grain of salt.
    The further left or right wing you go, the closer you get to to the extreme of the opposing view.

Clock face politics: 1 o'clock is closer to 11 o'clock than it is to 6 o'clock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Emp_Fab;803845" said:
    Evilmags said:

The Daily Mail ..... It is extremely professional in its production and edition.

You need to up your dosage.
    Your not the intended reader. It's sales alone justify my comment. It trumps it's main competition (The Express) in sales month in month out. That's what it's editor is paid to do. It's crime desk is the best in the UK by some distance and it supports it's staff and owners through sales, something the Guardian fails to do because it's a crap product written for people with more interest in virtue signalling than analysis and intellectual rigour.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited October 2015
    I used to dispise far right wingers and sigh at the far lefty's.

Now I avidly dislike far left feminazis and the like, with a passion. Far rightys now I pity more than anything.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    edited October 2015
    Mkjackary said:
    I used to dispose far right wingers and sigh at the far lefty's.

Now I avidly dislike far left feminazis and the like, with a passion. Far rightys now I pity more than anything.
    Ah .. you're suffering from Man in The Middle Syndrome. I prescribe a Scottish remedy to soften the effects. A large glass of single malt whisky to be taken at 18.00 hrs every day.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom