A little mini recorder you can also use just as a headphone amp with reverb...?

I know a lot of little recorders have built-in reverb and stuff...

Any of them that you can just turn on and be ready to play through with your choice of effects already set up and ready to go?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Tascam GT-R1 has built in effects. Or there's the Boss BR-80
  • Yeah I'm thinking one of the Boss ones could be cool - maybe the BR 800 as it runs on 9V and could maybe be plugged into in stereo from my pedals.... just a question of how easy it is to get plugged in and just play through effects. Don't want to get dragged into recording unless inspiration has genuinely struck!
    edited October 2015
    Do you want a recorder with its own effects or are you using your own pedalboard? If the latter, the GT-r1 has cab sims and reverb.
  • I am already happy (ish) with my little pedal chain - ParaDriver (for amp/cab sim) > Boss RE-20 > Reverb -> stereo out...

But I was thinking of maybe going ParaDriver -> Boss RE-20 -> Multitrack with reverb,,,

In that case I'd recommend one of the Tascam recorders that do multi tracking if you want but also simple stereo recording. The DR-40 has a few, nice reverbs built in, but this is an older model so the newer models (can't remember what they are but they are on the Tascam web site) might be better. FWIW I use a Tascam DR-40 or Dr-100 for all my fretboard riff challenge entries