Fender FSR MIJ double bound 62 Bigsby opinions....

What's Hot
joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
Anyone had any experience with these?

It's catching my eye something serious!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No experience, but it looks fantastic!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a quick play of that and the non bigsby in PMT Manchester a few weeks ago. Look and feel great, I'm tempted myself...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7848
    Nice guitars, been looking at them myself.  I have friends who have them, and gush at how lovely they are.  However, the neck is very skinny.  No good for my fists of ham, and fingers of butter.

The best deals can be had on eBay, I've seen them go or £360 ish, which is a bargain....most placed want nearly £700 for them.

I've also seen them in blue, green and tobacco burst

Marlin
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited November 2015 tFB Trader
    I had one about ten years ago and loved it, with a couple of caveats... with the bigsby they're a bit on the heavy side for a Tele, and I found the bound body edges a bit uncomfortable - digging into the ribs! That said, the sound of the stock pickups was perfect - lots of bite from the bridge pickup, and they look beautiful. You may want to fit a Mustang bridge if you hit the strings particularly hard, but give the stock bridge a chance first.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Much niceness. :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • TheMarlin said:
    Nice guitars, been looking at them myself.  I have friends who have them, and gush at how lovely they are.  However, the neck is very skinny.  No good for my fists of ham, and fingers of butter.

The best deals can be had on eBay, I've seen them go or £360 ish, which is a bargain....most placed want nearly £700 for them.

Marlin
    £360? Really?
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I had a quick completed/sold search on Ebay and found nothing that cheap

Must have been a lucky sod getting an anomaly bargain
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    My hatred of Bigsbys but love of double-bound Teles and green guitars in general means that the green one leaves me very conflicted.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    TheMarlin said:

Marlin
    £360? Really?
    Two friends have both picked them up, mint, in the UK for way under £400. It pays to be patient.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:
    Two friends have both picked them up, mint, in the UK for way under £400. It pays to be patient.....
    Sometimes I agree, but I'm not a patient person generally.

I'd rather buy now for £x than pay £200 less in the future.  I'd rather the time with the guitar than the £200.  Time is more precious than money :)

(you better believe my Fiancée doesn't buy that argument)

it looks heavy.

Are we talking weight or Doc Brown?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hahaha. weight. Its a wooden paving slab with a dentists chair attached to it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hahaha. weight. Its a wooden paving slab with a dentists chair attached to it.
    Well I spend a lottttt of the time carrying my Son around (16 months) so either my back is fecked and won't feel it.  or i'll find it light in comparison... or both...
  • joeyowen said:
    Well I spend a lottttt of the time carrying my Son around (16 months) so either my back is fecked and won't feel it.  or i'll find it light in comparison... or both...

If you're carrying him by a strap over your shoulder Im calling social services :D
    joeyowen said:

If you're carrying him by a strap over your shoulder Im calling social services :D
    Tried to spin him around my neck too, nothing wrong with a bit of show boating right?
  • AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    edited February 2019
    I don't normally like red guitars.  But, I quite like this one in red.  Not sure why....
    TheMarlin said:
    I don't normally like red guitars.  But, I quite like this one in red.  Not sure why....
    red is the tits man!
    Oh man.  I thought I'd killed my GAS.  Thanks a lot Joey
    :D :D :D