Knackered Jack & The Resistors looking for permanent Band Members.

AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited November 2015 in Live
Following some success with this years Jam Sessions i am looking for permanent band members to join this band and as well as run some jam sessions next year, to rehearse and jam as regularly as possible and gig wherever we can. I am Based in Bedford and don't mind driving up to 100 miles for Jams, Rehearsals and Gigs . Band Members should be able to do the same.

I think the most important thing to mention is that this will not earn money, forget it. To be a viable 'Working' band and earn an income is beyond any time or resources i have and i'm not asking anyone for that kind of commitment. This is a 'Fun' Band and as such, it's not going to get famous either. If we become known on any kind of local basis and people say we're a good band to listen to then i will consider myself having "Made It" and be quite happy.

I do have lots of ideas and musical sketches for original songs and anyone who wants to work on that with me would be more then welcome however this band will predominately be covers, but with our own creative twist in terms of sound.

The Jam's aren't really too much hard work and if there is a band already in place who can get things started and then help to support the players who come up and join in, i think it will help to 'Gel' the whole thing together so helping run the Jams is kind of essential.
There will be no more than 3 jams next year so this aspect of the band isn't time-heavy.
Rehearsals and Gigs are totally down to how much everyone wants it 'vs' how much time we can all put in.

The Band needs:

Lead Guitarist
Bass Guitarist
Drummer
Keyboards
Lead Vocals
Backing Vocals

Audiences don't care about cork-sniffing tone they only care about the next drink, whether or not they know all the words and "Where Julie went 'cause this is 'Totes' her song and it's amazeballs !!!". Just have good reliable kit that gives a clear sound and be able to play how you say you can. Be honest, mature and reliable as a person and that's all you need.

I don't care about playing experience or how long you've played for but i do care about stage experience. The Jams are for those who have very little and would like to do more, this is for players who LOVE getting up in front of a crowd and on the night of the rehearsal / gig, they LIVE for it (No pun intended). Please have at least SOME stage experience and either know or be willing to learn quickly how to play as part of a band and integrate your sound into the overall mix of the band. I would rather hear a Blues Minor Pentatonic scale played over and over again by someone who is relaxed and natural in their role than hear Eruption played by someone who is shitting themselves and only ever one short step away form total meltdown - this goes for all instruments. I have been on stage with band members who have completely 'Locked-Up' halfway through a very easy song and it's no fun at all. Yes, everyone makes mistakes but someone with stage experience will make the mistake and either cover it up or just pick the song back up and carry on. For this band to work, i need those guys / girls so that when we do run the Jams, we can offer some support to those who have little experience and are nervous. The reason we need the experience with actual Gigs is obvious.

You won't earn any money (Except maybe a few buttons towards travelling to and from Gigs - they will pay something just not loads)
You won't get famous (Unless you help me write the next Rock God Single / Album)
You probably won't get laid (Unless you make your own prior 'Groupie' arrangements)

You will get Pissed
You will have a slightly more active social life 
You will have a good laugh and whatever we do, will be done properly.

So,...............Who wants to make some noise ?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27466
    Too far away to play an active part ... but you've got my support from afar.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    TTony said:
    Ditto
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Could I be a groupie please.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Could I be a groupie please.
    Of course you can.
    I'm already spoken for as the 'Moll' is my Wife and she literally runs the Groupies. You do what she says, when she says and everything most things will be fine.

You might end up wearing Pink !
    TTony said:

Jalapeno said:
    TTony said:
    Ditto
    Guys

Thanks for your support, especially Tony who has been a constant source of support and often inspiration to me.
    If there's anything that you could help with, i will be the first to ask and i greatly appreciate everything you've done for me.
  • Sounds interesting... I'm based in Sunny Dunstable.
    Brilliant.

Send us a PM when you can (No massive rush).

Thanks Man.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    What area ?
    I'm in Bedford so anywhere within an hour or so drive ?

I wouldn't ever complain about rehearsing or especially gigging in Leicester / Birmingham for example.
  • Driving 100 miles for rehearsals - wow!
    Wish I lived nearer
    Driving 100 miles for rehearsals - wow!
    Wish I lived nearer
    Thanks man,

100 miles isn't much when you find the rare people who can actually form a decent band.
    I don't think any rehearsal would be more often than once a month, unless it was for something specific in which case regular rehearsals could be at different locations to make consistent travelling a bit easier for everyone.

I'm not bothered either way really but if i was looking for a band and found one in Leicester, i wouldn't blink at saying yes and driving up there. Yes on a very regular basis it's not easy but not impossible for the 'Right' band.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I'd be in, but can't guarantee I can get to rehursalls, or gigs. Am up for the jams if I can get there.

Oh and deffo not a shredderist.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    I'm just over an hour from you, near Loughborough. If this is three events per year, and a similar number of rehearsals, then I would love to help. In addition to guitar, and a guitar synth somewhere in storage, I can offer PA, desk, and lights.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Sounds great fun and would love to join in but
    1. Can't play to save my life
    2. As above
    Maybe after another year though :-)

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24269
    If I wasn't waiting for hernia surgery I'd be all over this.
    @roland
    Thank you for your support wherever you can make it. I will let you know plans as I know them. That's the kind of support that really helps underpin these events.

@fretmeister
    I cant lift anything while I wait for surgery too but there's plenty who would help with lifting gear. Nothing to say you cant play sitting down either, which I might well be doing!
    If you can attend any of the various events next year it would be a pleasure to have you there.
    @rlw
    I always encourage any players of any ability to puck a song they know they can play, practice it in advance and play it on the night, as it were.
    Whatever level you are comfortable with, there will be a song that fits and me and the rest of the band will learn and play that song so you can get up and play.
    No problem at all.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    I can drive past @fretmeister 's and pick him up, as long as he limits himself to one 4x12 and one head
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Hey Andy, any help you might need from me? Happy to help with your lifting if you need it and I'm willing to drive a bit to rehearsals/gigs, too.

Bass, rhythm guitar, bit of lead, acoustic, whatever.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • jonnybradfordjonnybradford Frets: 34
    edited December 2015
    Hi Andy, 

I would really like to assist, but I think the distances involved make a regular thing difficult at best. Every rehearsal and gig would have to be a stopover for me.
    I will help out at the jams whenever I can though.

look forwarding to playing with you again.

EDIT:
    Just spotted you have a lot on your plate, hope everything works out.
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream