Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

KaBL - an apology....

What's Hot
Dear KaBL buyers and supporters...

I have not been very good recently.  I've had lots going on outside of KaBL and thus a few orders went out a bit late and one order was a complete screw up as I'd not read it properly - even worse, that particular order was a replacement for one that RM lost and I'm now wracking my brains wondering whether I got the original right or wrong.....Doh.

So, if any of you have received less than excellent service from me, I whole heartedly apologise and promise to up my game!

Ta for listening.

Rob.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Well done for being upfront mate. That's all you can ask for, people make mistakes. Good luck and hope your feeling better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Hope you're ok mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the concern. 

I feel a bit guilty now because I'm absolutely fine - just so busy with kids, real work, decorating, Christmas coming up etc. 

All part of being a 45 year old man, unfortunately! :)
  • That Black Friday deal bring in an overwhelming wave of customers, eh?

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    My long overdue purchase will be coming in January.
  • Just remember Rob that small businesses only get two types of customers;  Those who understand that sometimes real life gets in the way and those who aren't worth worrying about.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72315
    And remember that *everyone* screws up once in a while. It's how you make it right that separates the good guys from the bad.

I won't stop recommending you :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10371
    tFB Trader
    We all make screw ups dude ... it's how you handle them that makes you a proper businessman. @randomhandclaps is bang on the nose with his comment. Your customers will understand ... we are all human.  I once sent out two batches of Strat pickups with one pole magnet the wrong way up! Sounded great apart from the G strings that sounded like a duck farting underwater. Paid their postage back, re gaussed the magnets ... gave em a discount as an apology, and they have ALL turned into loyal and regular customers. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    Unfortunately things happen, do you best to sort it and improve your practice, some will listen and give you grace and others you will never hear from again... and they probably won't complain either.

nice prices and product so hopefully you get it sorted soon
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Is this a good time to hit you up for discounted leads, while you're feeling vulnerable? :) 

Never had anything but brilliant service from you. Always happy to recommend you, too. 

cam f
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1382
    We all make screw ups dude ... it's how you handle them that makes you a proper businessman. @randomhandclaps is bang on the nose with his comment. Your customers will understand ... we are all human.  I once sent out two batches of Strat pickups with one pole magnet the wrong way up! Sounded great apart from the G strings that sounded like a duck farting underwater. Paid their postage back, re gaussed the magnets ... gave em a discount as an apology, and they have ALL turned into loyal and regular customers. 
    Much wisdom in this. To cock up is human, to apologise and go an extra mile to fix it is when you really get respect from people
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Fair play, Rob.

Long hours, high pressure, low pay.

Heck, sometimes even I miss the post office, this despite my renowned commitment to customer service. 

:D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    camf said:
    Never had anything but brilliant service from you. Always happy to recommend you, too. 

cam f
    This !   Muchly.  Always been brilliant !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Real life must be the curse of any one man / or small conmpany, we all make mistake in our jobs, but when you're dealing direct no place to hide. Very happy with the service I got from Kabl :)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Yeah don't worry man I just recommended you on another thread then read this !
    edited December 2015
    Gents - I'm genuinely touched (in an appropriate way, of course) by the responses.

It was only one order that I cocked up, but it was a shame as it was a guy in a local band who's a brilliant player and was in a position to recommend me to others. I gave him a part refund and offered to buy him a pint at his next Southampton gig to make up for it.... He was very understanding, so fingers crossed.

Anyway, everything is back to normal - decorating done, 'real' work is less busy... orders going out within 24hrs again.

Great success!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey @RobDavies, do you do coloured cables at all? I need coloured XLR in my life!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    Hey @RobDavies, do you do coloured cables at all? I need coloured XLR in my life!

Yep - I don't stock coloured cables but I can get them in easily enough. PM me with your requirements and I'll throw some prices your way.
  • RobDavies said:
    Hey @RobDavies, do you do coloured cables at all? I need coloured XLR in my life!

Yep - I don't stock coloured cables but I can get them in easily enough. PM me with your requirements and I'll throw some prices your way.

Oooooooooooo, nice one, will do!

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • @RobDavies a big thing that sticks out to me is that this whole event mattered enough to you and affected you to the extent you had to start this thread in the first place. That clearly shows you are a guy who really cares about his product and his reputation and values his customers. That counts more than anything and with those values you will always be a success. Plus your product and prices are great and you have always been great with me. I can't see me getting cables from anywhere else and tell all my band mates/playing mates to buy your stuff and will continue to do so