Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

DD-500 owners

What's Hot

Comments

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    The source audio nemesis has received some updates since their unveiling. I believe they are up to 128 presets now. Having 8 accessible via pedal on its own. I do believe it will be the delay to have when it comes out, I wonder how many dd500 people will jump ship then.

"One new development is in presets. There are 128 presets now, up from 4. 8 of them are accessed via 2 banks of 4 on the main control surface. 120 of them are accessed via sending MIDI PC messages."

Post #155
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/source-audio-nemesis-delay.1539703/page-8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Branshen said:
    The source audio nemesis has received some updates since their unveiling. I believe they are up to 128 presets now. Having 8 accessible via pedal on its own. I do believe it will be the delay to have when it comes out, I wonder how many dd500 people will jump ship then.

"One new development is in presets. There are 128 presets now, up from 4. 8 of them are accessed via 2 banks of 4 on the main control surface. 120 of them are accessed via sending MIDI PC messages."

Post #155
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/source-audio-nemesis-delay.1539703/page-8
    What kind of monies are they looking for for that? 
  • @therose789

Feel free to try out mine at any time.

It is on my board so you can have a crack tonight if you want.

• @therose789

Feel free to try out mine at any time.

It is on my board so you can have a crack tonight if you want.
    YEP
  • Branshen said:

Post #155
    The issue might be in getting one.. at least for a while. The release date has gone back and back and back..and it takes a while for the stuff to get over here. I  wonder what the price would be,. if it's near the boss then yup, can see it taking sales, but if it's up at timeline prices then I can't really see the attraction (yet)

What's pissed me off with Source Audio is that they released the Reflex a while back promising a software editor, which then promptly got put on hold so they could do the Nemesis. Leaving customers hanging is not cool. Still all will be forgiven if the editor is good.

What does it do that the boss doesn't?
  • What does it do that the boss doesn't?
    It leaves you waiting ages for a release date which the Boss doesn't. 

It sounds like a really interesting pedal but damn that's some build up for it...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    $249, so probably around £200-220, considering how stuff is priced relative to USA pricing.
  • Branshen said:
    $249, so probably around £200-220, considering how stuff is priced relative to USA pricing.
    So the same as a DD500 - direct competition, could be interesting.
    Guess availability might count.
  • I'm thinking about buying a DD500 because although my delay needs are pretty minimal, I could do with a tap tempo and a couple of easily accessible basic delays for the covers band I play in. A couple of questions to those who own one: 

- My primary delay is a DD3 (I did say my needs were basic!)...and although its the delay equivalent of a Honda Civic it just sits in the mix perfectly for my needs. I've tried quite a few more fashionable delays and keep coming back to it. So as ridiculous as it sounds I guess my question is, has the DD500 got my basic DD3 sounds covered?

- Secondly, I've recently bought a ditto looper which I love for it's simplicity...from the looks of the DD500 the looper is equally as bonehead simple...I'd just like some confirmation that it is! 

Thanks! 
    :)
  • I'm thinking about buying a DD500 because although my delay needs are pretty minimal, I could do with a tap tempo and a couple of easily accessible basic delays for the covers band I play in. A couple of questions to those who own one: 

- My primary delay is a DD3 (I did say my needs were basic!)...and although its the delay equivalent of a Honda Civic it just sits in the mix perfectly for my needs. I've tried quite a few more fashionable delays and keep coming back to it. So as ridiculous as it sounds I guess my question is, has the DD500 got my basic DD3 sounds covered?

- Secondly, I've recently bought a ditto looper which I love for it's simplicity...from the looks of the DD500 the looper is equally as bonehead simple...I'd just like some confirmation that it is! 

Thanks! 
    :)
    Can't comment on a DD3 as I've never had one.

Looper is ok. It's simple to use and seems to quantize. but don't expect anything more than simple. Personally I'd put a dedicated looper (ditto or Jam man) after the DD500 for ease and versitility.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Had a play of @gallagherone 's DD500 at the weekend, sounds great! 

I'm thinking i might have to get one! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Do it!
  • @therose789 good move!

• still want boss or anyone to release an editor for it. That USB port seems wasted!!! come on Boss.

Took me a while to love this one, but I think it's one of the best pedals I own now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 390
    edited April 2016
    Have the DD500, but hearing the Nemesis sounds even cleaner and possibly brighter.....it's simple layout, compact shape and 8 presets...I may flip my Boss for one? Schools out at the moment...trying to decide.....any thoughts?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I've got a heart shaped boner for mine!
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    JonHosker;1047950" said:
    Have the DD500, but hearing the Nemesis sounds even cleaner and possibly brighter.....it's simple layout, compact shape and 8 presets...I may flip my Boss for one? Schools out at the moment...trying to decide.....any thoughts?
    Both are lovely but access to presets on the Nemesis without ancillaries is a PITA.
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    Hi lads n' lasses 

Just having a ponder on maybe getting a new delay pedal that I can program stuff into. 

I have always fancied a dd20 but with the new fella out i wondered what peoples thoughts on them are? Are they worth the monies or are they not that much better than the DD20? 

I had very similar thoughts.  The DD500 id undoubtedly a very fine pedal but I did question if I needed that much flexibility or fidelity.  In the end I realised I only want to use 2 or 3 different delays.  Either short slap back style or longer laid back in the mix.  The DD20 does these really well (for me), so I went for that.  I think you have to be honest about what you're trying to achieve and tailor your purchases accordingly......it might save you a penny or two.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • Does anyone know if there is a way to set the pedal to bank up and down presets without actually activating the effects?

I'm im gigging and want to switch between presets it automatically activates as soon as I go up a preset. This is annoying.
  • Does anyone know if there is a way to set the pedal to bank up and down presets without actually activating the effects?

I'm im gigging and want to switch between presets it automatically activates as soon as I go up a preset. This is annoying.

If you go to Edit -> System -> Bank Mode you can set the footswitches so that when you scroll through banks it displays "BANK XX" on the screen but doesn't actually go in to a new preset until you hit the A or B footswitches. That's not quite what you want, but it's closer.

Alternatively, on my M5 if you save a preset with the effect engaged it's always engaged when you select that preset. If you save it with the pedal in bypass, it's always in bypass when you come back. I don't know for sure if the DD-500 works like that, but it might be worth a try.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.