What's Hot
martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
edited December 2013 in Off Topic tFB Trader
test
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    OK, so if I click on 'show source' and type in there it works ????
    tFB Trader
    But if I click reply or quote I can't enter text, just the original quote. I can't edit either. Is it just me?
    edited December 2013 tFB Trader
    also this was meant to be in the feedback thread! Yep, still doing it. I have to click on 'show source' otherwise I get Body is required. Where the hell am I going to get a body at this time of day?
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    There'll be a couple in the Classifieds section before the end of the day............
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I get that if I use IE11. Other browsers (FireFox, Chrome) seem fine, as were older versions of IE. I assume the wysiwyg editor tool used on the forum isn't compatible with IE11 for some reason.
    I get that if I use IE11. Other browsers (FireFox, Chrome) seem fine, as were older versions of IE. I assume the wysiwyg editor tool used on the forum isn't compatible with IE11 for some reason.

Ah, apparently I'm on IE11 now. Must have updated automatically That sucks. :(
    tFB Trader
    jd0272 said:
    There'll be a couple in the Classifieds section before the end of the day............

lol
  • martinw;102579" said:
    DartmoorHedgehog said:

I get that if I use IE11. Other browsers (FireFox, Chrome) seem fine, as were older versions of IE. I assume the wysiwyg editor tool used on the forum isn't compatible with IE11 for some reason.

Ah, apparently I'm on IE11 now. Must have updated automatically

That sucks. :(
    The fix is to not trust ie at all ;)

Try chrome. It's quick to download, and you should be able to import your search history across.

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    martinw said:

If you put the forum in "compatibility" mode it all works.  However, the formatting of the page is somewhat bizarre.  However you can post, reply etc. 

Don't you just love Microsoft and their exceedingly good software!  :x

• [mod hat on]
    Moving this discussion to "Off-Topic". ;)
    [mod hat off]
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    martinw said:
    that'll be down to automatic updates I reckons,  had this with 10 on my work laptop,  fucked 3 LOB applications !!
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    What? I thought wysiwyg was Welsh for helicopter.
    martinw;102579" said:
    DartmoorHedgehog said:

Ah, apparently I'm on IE11 now. Must have updated automatically

That sucks. :(
    The fix is to not trust ie at all ;)

Try chrome. It's quick to download, and you should be able to import your search history across.

I'm not going to change my browser just because this forum has an issue. (Nothing else I use has had a problem). Is this something that could be fixed?

@martinw Like you FB is the only site I'm having problems with.   Do try the compatibility setting.  Choose "tools" on the IE toolbar, look for "compatibility view settings" in the drop down menu, the site address should be in the box, hit "add".  You'll find the formatting of the FB  "page" is out but at least you can post etc.  If you don't like it you can just switch it off again.

@ddlooping @ttony etc.   I'm sure finding a fix will be a royal PIA.  However, as a lot of the world, rightly or wrongly,  uses IE and Microsoft are pushing out IE 11 to anyone with Win 8.1 don't you think we should be looking for a solution?   New members on here who have their shiny new laptop that they got for Christmas are going to be dis-heartened very quickly when they find they can't actually interact with the forum. 

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited December 2013

ESchap said:

@ddlooping @ttony etc.   I'm sure finding a fix will be a royal PIA.  However, as a lot of the world, rightly or wrongly,  uses IE and Microsoft are pushing out IE 11 to anyone with Win 8.1 don't you think we should be looking for a solution?   New members on here who have their shiny new laptop that they got for Christmas are going to be dis-heartened very quickly when they find they can't actually interact with the forum. 

The problem, for me anyway, is that I'd need to have IE11 installed to be able to debug it.
    This, in turn, means that I wouldn't have access to IE9 anymore (the IE version I tend to test the most for), because installing IE11 would erase it. :-S 

@ddlooping Please don't think that I am anything other than extremely grateful for the time you must put into FB. 

There is a work around by using compatibility settings in IE11, as I posted.  It's not ideal but at least you can post etc.

• ESchap said:

@ddlooping Please don't think that I am anything other than extremely grateful for the time you must put into FB. 

I wasn't. :)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    ddlooping said:

The problem, for me anyway, is that I'd need to have IE11 installed to be able to debug it.
    This, in turn, means that I wouldn't have access to IE9 anymore (the IE version I tend to test the most for), because installing IE11 would erase it. :-S 

I could stick IE11 on a dusty old machine somewhere.  But (a) that'd probably be running Win XP and (b) once I'd done it, I wouldn't have a clue what to bug, unbug, rebug or debug.

Looking from a different angle, we're not the only forum running on this software, so we'll not be the only forum with this issue.

Could someone vaguely techie take a look in the support forums for the forum software?

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • I get the body is required thing occasionally on safari on ipad too. Doesn't seem consistently reproducible and only noticed in the last few days so might be a recent change?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11790
    same problem for 2-3 weeks for me now, prob best wait for forum platform or IR patch, I can stick with chrome for a bit. IE11 is a bit flaky so far all round