SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS (FT?) VHT Special 6 Head and Award Session 1 x 12 Cab with G12 65

crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
Due to a recently acquired PRRI this is now surplus to requirements.  The amp is a VHT Special 6 Head which is by far the best of the 5W amps that I've had - I've had Epi Valve Jr, Blackstar HT5 and Fender Champion 600 as well as this one.  It's based on a Champ type circuit and it's hand wired construction (not PCB) which makes it easy to mod if you so fancy.  This one is completely stock.  It also has a footswitch to bypass the tone stack for more gain.  The amp is in excellent condition and hasn't been molested by the mog (see below).

The cab is an Award-Session 1 x 12.  It's a good quality closed back ply cab, and speaker is a reissue Celestion G12 65.  The speaker on it's own is around £115 new.  There are a couple of issues with the tolex.  It's loose on the bottom (see picture) but this could probably be fixed easily enough.  The other issue is that our cat has used it as a scratching post on occasion so there is a bit of damage to the tolex from that.  I've pictured the worst bit.

I'll say £100 each for the amp and cab (or £200 for both).  If anyone buys both they can have a Planet Waves speaker cable for free.

I can sell these together or split them.  If sold separately I can post the amp.  I don't have a suitable box and packing materials for the cab
so that's pickup only in West London near J1 of the M4 - or I can possibly deliver locally.  I have family in Kent and Devon who I will be seeing next week so I might be able to arrange for pickup from there as well.

I'd be interested in trades for Thorpy Peacekeeper or Muffroom Cloud, and possibly for pickups (decent Strat pickups - vintage hot but not Texas Special type things, or maybe PAF style or bucker sized P90s).

Loose tolex on bottom of cab:

Mog damage (worst bit):
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Forgot to mention speaker is 8 Ohms.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for those who were away at the weekend.

Might also be interested in a Fishman Aura pedal or TC Body Rez in a trade.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    PM sent

Bump.  Still available.
    Having another go at selling it bump.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Pm'd
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    I've got a bareknuckle missisipi queen, black humbucker size. PX towards the Head? PM me of your interested mate.
  • Have just PMd you (I think!) - new to Fretboard. Interested in VHT Special 6.