Super 70 pickup

I have had an old Super 70 pickup come into my possession, but it is not working. Someone, clearly, has fiddled with it at some point. I have investigated, as well as I can, and both coils appear to be unresponsive. 
Is it worth giving it over to someone more able, to bring it back to life? I don't know where the breaks are in the coils, so it would be a total rewind job, potentially..

Or should I just bin it?
 so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Talk to @TheGuitarWeasel, if you have no use for it I'm sure he would love to take a look at it and see how it's put together.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    I suppose it depends on whether or not you like the sound the pickup makes, if you've never heard it then its potentially quite an expensive gamble?.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I own a few of these and they can be a nice pickup. It could just be a dry joint or broken connection stick a meter on it and see what you get Also easy to open and test mine are not potted Jez
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10346
    edited May 2016 tFB Trader
    For gods sake don't bin it!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will take a look at it for the price of postage ... and quote for repair for nowt. It may be something very simple.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Righto. I'll sort it out with you when I'm back home and on the computer. Thanks!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 309
    These are stunning pickups, always wish I'd kept the one I had! Alnico 8 I think too.
    tFB Trader
    They are indeed alnico 8 low PAF style wind ... quite unique ... er ... apart from my own 'Masterwound Bullet' humbucker which is a homage to that beast.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

tFB Trader