L@@k! R@re!

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
edited May 2016 in Guitar

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Rare because every other example has been purged from the face of the earth with fire?
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Highly likely, yes...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    How unpleasant.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    DIY modification of a cheap 90s Strat copy.

I quite like the body shape actually, it reminds me of a cross between a Jazzmaster and a Burns Sonic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2927
    "vintage stickers"
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    It sometimes feels like you have a portal into a different eBay than me!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26991
    DrBob said:
    It sometimes feels like you have a portal into a different eBay than me!
    I'm imagining @Harryseven has saved searches for "Guitar LOOK Rare!" and "60's genuine! Retro!" :D

And maybe some secret "reading between the lines" tags such as "bullshit" ...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Hideous and if, as he says, he knows nothing about guitars then how he can state in the listing title that it is 1960s is beyond me.
    We are all Chameleons...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    I'm actually surprised he's not claiming it's "70s" - that seems to be the new "I don't have a clue how old it is, but that makes it sound cool".

Although a 6 is a more likely typo for a 9 than a 7, I suppose...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• the_twinthe_twin Frets: 130
    Does anyone ever buy this junk?
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    It's so beautiful.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    the_twin said:
    Does anyone ever buy this junk?
    Surely collectors of rare guitars buy them ...
  • tabbycattabbycat Frets: 341
    edited May 2016
    i you look at the sellers other things it suggests this is someone who came across it in a house clearance etc and asked the first person into music they knew what they thought it might be. they are being upfront about having no idea what it is. they put maybe and question marks next to guesses.

if someone gave you an african mask or an oil painting how would you attempt to sell it?

price is mad but the listing is fair. if someone wants to pay that and likes it, all good.
    "be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h.lawrence).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tabbycattabbycat Frets: 341
    edited January 2017
    Body is required.
    "be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h.lawrence).
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

tabbycat said:
    i you look at the sellers other things it suggests this is someone who came across it in a house clearance etc...

Indeed. If you keep a keen eye on eBay, you'll have noted that Monday and Tuesday listings often contain "project" (or otherwise) guitars which have obviously been purchased at Sunday (or BH Monday) bootsales and immediately flipped...