Exposing the dodgy criminals behind two UK pedal brands

What's Hot
Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
edited June 2016 in FX
Buyer beware.

I wish to expose on this forum the names of two currently-operating UK effect pedal brands/marques that are operated/owned by two dodgy criminals.

I can prove my claim, and will demonstrate it with evidence.

The dodgy criminals concerned are Justin Harrison and Richard 'Rick' Harrison.  They do, or did, run a guitar shop in Denmark Street, called 'Music Ground'.  They were convicted in 2012 of handling thousands of pounds worth of stolen vintage guitars.  They initially pleaded not guilty but later admitted the charges. The story received national press and TV coverage.  (The court case reference number is 13CA0291009.)

Below are some links about this story:

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    I despise these pair. Hate them

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    If this thread ran to 50 pages, you would be barely scratching the surface concerning the dealings of these two and their fellow conspirators over the last 20 to 30 years.

I only hope they both find out in the end that they are Replicants themselves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I visited the guitar ranch 2 years back when my mate picked up a Marshall tremolo head and an encrypted vox wah. Lovely guitars and amps and I got the chance to play a 65 strat. I remember my mate commenting how the owner had lost some of his enthusiasm and was looking to sell off much of his gear. Not that he was completely brow beaten as he enjoyed the negotiation like a pro. But the available display would have been even more impressive with the stolen gear included.
    While I'm at it, I recommend all vintage strat lovers to visit Flavio camorani's website. He plays in a floyd tribute but his first love is his unrivalled collection of fenders. His book of his collection thoroughly identifies every part of each guitar providing incredible source material for collectors. I've seen his collection twice on display and I was visibly moved.
    Actually all forum members should visit north Italy as we have some dream guitar shops and these hidden delights mentioned above. Scolopendra in Bologna is my local guitar shop and keeps the dreams alive of all musicians and enthusiasts, unlike some of the supermarket guitar shops we also have.
    As much as I love gossip, please be careful fellow fretters of any defamation, especially where prior convictees are concerned.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I don't see the point of this thread ? they are known and have been convicted, if there is something new as you say, then either explain it, or don't bother posting.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290

They do tattoos as well?
    Who do they steal them from?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Meh, everyone knows JMI and the British Pedal Company are the same brand and owned by the Music Ground

They're both stocked at Hank's anyway

Stop crying, start buying
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Sassafras said:

They do tattoos as well?

Just a couple of anchors, apparently.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    This is pretty old and well documented news isn't it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    News to me. Any further links?
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited June 2016

Some supplementary info...

The Music Ground business ('MusicGround Limited', company number 04025129) is still currently a registered company.  

Official data states that this company was formed in 2000; that it is currently in liquidation with its winding up having commenced in 2010; and that the two sole directors since it was formed have been Richard Harrison and Justin Harrison.

Music Group currently asserts that it is "the UKs No.1 Vintage Guitar Dealer" and "the supreme court of rock n roll".

business called 'Denmark Street Guitars' has a website (http://www.denmarkstreetonline.co.uk/), according to which its shop/address is: "Hanks Guitar Shop, 27 Denmark Street".  The website currently has sections or departments dedicated to: 'Music Ground'; 'Hank's Electric Guitars'; 'Hank's Bass'; and, 'Hank's Acoustics'.

The guitar shop at 27 Denmark Street - formerly called Music Ground, until a few years years ago - is currently called 'Hank's Guitar Shop'.  

There is no such company registered in the name of either 'Hank's Guitar Shop', 'Hank's Electric Guitars' or 'Hank's Electrics'. This would suggest that these are merely trading names. 

Hank's Guitar Shop currently asserts: "We are a real shop. Our staff are real people. Actually, we've been a real shop for over a quarter of a century".

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7418
    I'm confused - wasn't Hanks a perfectly good Denmark St shop of some repute for many years? 
    Red ones are better. 

am I missing something here ? this has gone from some cryptic story about two companies actually being the same business, to now a totally different shop that's just the old business renamed ?

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    darcym said:

am I missing something here ? this has gone from some cryptic story about two companies actually being the same business, to now a totally different shop that's just the old business renamed ?

my last post is merely a supplementary.  i have presented some facts, nothing more.  if one wishes to interpret something from that, then that is one's prerogative.

i have not yet set out the intended crux of the thread.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    edited June 2016
    Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm on the edge of my seat. 
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ro_S said:
    darcym said:

my last post is merely a supplementary.  i have presented some facts, nothing more.  if one wishes to interpret something from that, then that is one's prerogative.

i have not yet set out the intended crux of the thread.

you've resurrected 3 other old threads to point at this thread ?? what's going on here ? what's the aim or discussion point you're trying to have ?
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Apparently the two pedal companies have already been named in the Sunday Mail in Scotland. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Boo! Was looking forward to a Poirot style reveal.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    edited June 2016
    This hasn't got anything to do with the fact that you distribute Sharptone, direct competitors to JMI/BPC, has it?
    Stop crying, start buying
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    The plot thickens.....
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    The inside secret the guitar world doesn't want you to know...(CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.