EHX Stereo memory man.

CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
edited June 2016 in FX Reviews

Just a quick review I will add some photos and maybe a video or two later

OK, I had low expectations of this, I bought for a great price and had always wanted to try one. As a few may know on here, I can get a little delay mad, so had a lot of different delays over the last year, still have some of them as well.

This includes the Catalinbread delays, Empress, EHX 550tt, JAM DELAY lama plus, zoom cdr 70, Tc electronic Alter Ego v2 and flashback x4, a blue ocean delay?, I have had more but I forget some of them. Although I have had the boss ones as well.

So for £80 which is a lot less then some of the others especially the Empress I didn't really know what to expect.

Let's just say it might be honeymoon time, but this thing speaks to me in a way some of the others haven't, love how I can loop something and change it to reverse then play forward over the top. The delays sound insane and are great for making huge soundscapes. I feel like I have just joined Explosions in the sky or mogwai.

Reverse is fun, the delay with mod is majestic and if you then hold down the tap delay things come back at you reversed.

Fun fun fun.

Here are the features

The Hazarai knob is a rotary encoder that allows the user to scroll through the 8 different Hazarai modes. The following is a list of the Hazarai modes that the Hazarai knob scrolls through:

3 Sec Echo

1 Sec Echo

300 mS Echo w/ Modulation - incredicable

3 Sec Multi-Tap Echo

1 Sec Multi-Tap Echo

1 Sec Multi-Tap Echo w/ Reverse - so much fun, play a chord hold down the tap tempo and it comes at you backwards

3 Sec Reverse Echo

Loop

So If you see one cheap pick one up. Of you see me trying to sell mine tell me off.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    seriously tempted...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    I loved the sounds it made but found the control system way too confusing with knobs doing different things depending on the function chosen. Definitely one of the best sounding delays I've tried though, nice warm but clear repeats, quite luscious iirc.
  • Best £80 Ive spent. Love it.

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    It's a great pedal and 80 quid is a bargain.

I don't think I've come across another delay that does revers as well as the Hazarai - even the Timeline. To be honest, I only really use it for the reverse setting. I would like it even more if it was possible to switch between sounds on the fly. And I agree with @JezWynd that the controls can be just a bit confusing!
  • The Empress reverse is a killer, and I miss that one sound, but otherwise it is a great reverse sound. I dont find it too confusing but I am yet to get all the sounds out of it.

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4525
    Great review
  • Thank you.

• slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    edited July 2016

The delays sound insane and are great for making huge soundscapes. I feel like I have just joined Explosions in the sky or mogwai.

My drummer and I did Tracy (Kid Loco Remix) last night and I ran a pitchshifter into the SMMH. Twas a lot of fun.

Good review. I load the presets with various sounds, you can get some reverb like sounds on the 1 sec patch at the top.

• therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Ah maaan, I used to own one of these and I never really gave it the time of day! Wish I had kept hold of it now!