Aclam Smart Track Pedalboards?

What's Hot
BradBrad Frets: 658
Recently discovered these http://www.aclamguitars.cat/shop/en/smart-track and they have me interested.

Velcro just isn't strong enough, dual lock is too full on. This seems a cool concept.

Any owners care to share their experiences? Pros and cons?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16255
    @MDeker has one, is an endorser of some sort.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    Seems needlessly complicated and expensive to me? I've never had Velcro issues...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    edited June 2016
    I've just received mine. I got one to use with my bass and I'm liking it very much. Swapping stuff around is very easy to do. They recommend using four securing pads for each pedal but I'm finding two is fine (I'm only playing at home, so don't really need a board but it tidies things up nicely).

I haven't really had it long enough to find any cons yet. It certainly appears to be very robust.
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    Seems needlessly complicated and expensive to me? I've never had Velcro issues...
    Lucky you :-)

@JezWynd looks good, is that the S1? Space does look a tad limited with the fasteners mind. How are you powering it underneath? 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27590
    edited June 2016
    If you've got pedalboard issues I feel for you, son
    I've got 99 stompers but velcro on none.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Brad said:
    Lucky you :-)

@JezWynd looks good, is that the S1? Space does look a tad limited with the fasteners mind. How are you powering it underneath? 
    Yes it's the S1 and you're right the fasteners do take up a fair bit of space, I could have squashed them close together  or even overlapping but it's the right size for the pedals I use. I don't have a dedicated power supply, just the wall wart that came with the EHX and a 5 string daisy chain, it's enough for my purposes. If I set the larger pedals on end I could probably fit another pedal in, I'm currently playing about with a Mooer bass fuzz and that might fit onboard.

I used to use a bike link system and it was good but involved a lot of work if I wanted to swap things around which I do a lot.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    They are very very well made, and I loved mine. Surplus since my FX8 love. Mine came with a big gig bag, loadsa extras... Heavy but the high rise on the back legs makes them superb as a pedal board. Mines for sale soon,and im up for offers...

http://www.aclamguitars.cat/shop/en/modular-track/modular-track-large.html

• MDekerMDeker Frets: 1
    edited July 2016
    Great product, and a very smart concept. That's mine:

https://es.pinterest.com/pin/131659989084442886/

What I do is using the modular concept, so I have two boards in one: the first floor is the basic for works who don't need real deal, and the second has the extra pedals I ussualy use in my projects or with bands with a bit more of effects. What is also interesting is that, as a velcro-free board, you can always change fx order, or take some of them for recordings really easy.
  • Necro! Really interested in these. Are people still using them? Anyone want to sell one.... ;)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    I've got one mate - all the bits with a bag. Too heavy to post though
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    I had a couple.. very nice but also very heavy!
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    edited March 2017
    I enquired direct about buying one, to be be told that a) nobody could help me because they were all on holidays for the next 2 weeks (in late January / early February!), b) they thought they were low on stock and c) the Modular Track, which I thought the best design and was most interested in, is no longer being made! And nobody came back to me after their hols anyway...
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom